Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:02 AM

After finally getting the 3spd 4wd AT swapped into my Turbo Coupe, I took it out for a test drive. Everything went ok, just a little slow to shift into 3rd. Got back and checked the fluids, all ok. Waited a while then decided to go again, this time a little more aggressively. Wouldnt go into 3rd at all. !@#$%^&. Came back to the house and checked everything again. Let it sit for almost an hour, jumped in and took off down the road, normal driving. This time it started grinding, bad. 1/2mi from the house, I really dont want to push. Turned it around and limped it back in 1st gear. It took me 3 months to do the swap (bad back, remember). There might be someone interested in buying it and having the 5spd D/R put in. You all certainly know what I'm hoping for. I do have the old tranny, which is good. Its just the diff thats bad. I can swap diffs and will probably be good, but its more work than I want to do right now. Well, theres my rant for the week:D
Rob

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:09 AM

3 AT? why didnt you put a DR 5 speed in after the first auto went out?

Automatics SUCK

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:21 AM

I'm selling the car. And theres alot of mods with the 5spd swap. Just wanted to keep it stock. And save my 5spd tranny for my Hatch.
Rob

#4 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:22 AM

ahhhhhh gotcha.. makes perfect drunk sense now..

#5 Svengouli7

Svengouli7

Smile, taste kittens

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Bentucky Wa.

Posted 17 January 2004 - 06:38 AM

that really stinks man. Wish I had a tranny for ya.

#6 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,118 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:47 AM

Originally posted by torxxx
ahhhhhh gotcha.. makes perfect drunk sense now..

Drunk sense is the best sense :drunk:

Sucks that the tranny swap didnt work out... I'm REALLY hoping on Monday when we fire up the Loyale that it works out ok.
(been tinkering for like 2 months... I'm healthy, but just busy)

#7 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:00 AM

Did it go CLUNKA CLUNKA RRRRRRRRKKKKK CLUNKA CLUNCK CLUNK? Cause thats what my turbo wagon did before I did my 5spd d/r swap. When we took the auto out the oil was burned had metal chunks in it and the little rod in the front of the tranny was all twisted and stuff. It wouldn't go past 1st gear and would only go about 4 miles an hour. Just wondering if thats what was happening too?

#8 richierich

richierich

• 3,760 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:43 AM

I got another EA81T Tranny if you want to roll the dice. The motor was bad so the tranny should be good?

Richie

richslaw@hotmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users