Ultimate Subaru Message Board

By the time you get it working your time and parts investment would probably be better spent on an inexpensive OBDII reader and then you can pull codes in any 95-2006/7 give or take a year Subaru for friends and such. Charge $5 a pull for friends and it will probably pay for itself.

I am sure I will buy a ob scaner .I was just cerious if there was a way to get more control of the engine with a program .like in fast and the ferious 2 .that movie was awsome..:banana:

There is, but, it costs more then your car.

nipper

By the time you get it working your time and parts investment would probably be better spent on an inexpensive OBDII reader and then you can pull codes in any 95-2006/7 give or take a year Subaru for friends and such. Charge $5 a pull for friends and it will probably pay for itself.

I would second Shawn's advice. You're better off just getting a stand alone reader.

There is an OBD2 interface reader you have to buy and cable, and then you need software. Some software is free, but very limited in what it can do.