Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leaking water question need help!!!!!

So.............Today Dan and I figured we would change out the water pump since it was leaking, after getting a new water pump from Napa and cleaning the gasket very good and it is leaking down through the t-belt covers at a very good rate. It looks like it is coming out of the bottom of the water pump again, Is the any where else it could be coming from, it has a new gasket, new pump, and tight bolts and hoses................... what else could it be?????

Jeff

did you check the pump thouroghly before installing it? i once had a pump that when i installed it pushed more water out of it than the old one. the little holes on the top and bottom that open up when it goes bad where those closed off?

The only thing we didn't check was the water pump itself, but that seems real hard to belive that it, being new, would leak the same way as the old one, I guess we'll have to dive back deep into the EA82 and see WTF.

Kinda of a bummer considering where it is located...........:-\

Jeff