Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock auto... well... rocks?

• 1 month later...

I agree great place, I ordered a hub for my Legacy wagon from them and got it at a very cheap price and it was from Subaru. It was in a Subaru box along with Subaru's plactic wrap and part number.

If you have not read the history of this company and how they operate you would find it quite interesting, they used to have a link of it on their web site. I dont know if it is still there.

• 2 months later...
I agree great place, I ordered a hub for my Legacy wagon from them and got it at a very cheap price and it was from Subaru. It was in a Subaru box along with Subaru's plactic wrap and part number.

I'll throw another recommendation for them into the fray. I've been using them for about five or six years now and they've been able to find stuff for me for everything from my Jeep Cherokee to my Brats to Citroens.

If you have not read the history of this company and how they operate you would find it quite interesting, they used to have a link of it on their web site. I dont know if it is still there.

I think you might be referring to this link. It makes for some interesting reading regarding their philosophy towards selling auto parts, and is a large part of the reason why I don't mind waiting a few days for stuff to arrive from them.

Another positive reccomendation for Rock Auto. I have never had any issue with them, even on returns. On top of that, they have excellent prices. The only gripe is with shipping. You need to be careful when shopping as items coming from different warehouses are charged separate shipping. You can usually find the same part in a different manufacturer for only a buck or two more and have it ship from the same warehouse as the other parts on the order, saving extra shipping costs. Just takes a little time going back and forth. I also check back at least every couple months as they always seem to have stuff on closeout for crazy low prices. One of the many things I recently got was a new complete clutch kit for a Honda for $35! :eek: Didn't necessarily need it right now, but for the cost, I could not pass it up. Lots of old Subie parts on closeout right now.

Mark