Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tsf-3/5/09

scoobyclimbs

I picked up Superu(visiting PDX) in my outback , then swapped rigs to my hatch and headed out to TSF. I got to FIrebreak 5 and was stoked...I cleaned that difficult section of tight , rocky ,muddy using the Font wheel drive to pivot around a bolder. Jason (Team CF calls on the CB (lucky 13) I told him were on firebreak 5 and I'm cleaning it...:banana:

fb3.jpg

Team CF arrives..

Then a minor setback of hanging the rear diff on a rock. I jacked up the back and stacked some rocks under the rear wheels to give me that extra clearance then pulled ahead in front wheel drive to keep the rocks form kicking out under the rear wheels . It was so slick that the car wound up sliding all over the place....so picking a line was just luck..

I only got a minor ding in the lower drivers rocker,door...

Just getting through that section this time of year ups the difficulting rating..summer time it would be easy..

At the top intesection we met back up with team cf...I was snowing on and off..then I let Superu ride with team cf the rest of the day as I headed off to work...we saw a nasty rollover wreck just down from the summit a chev 4x4 totalled...on hwy 6.

I was a good day I was happy to have cleaned that section of firebreak 5 ...It made my day...:grin:

I'll post pics soon and superu will have some in a couple weeks when he gets back home..Good times :grin:

Edited by scoobyclimbs

That was a good day. :)

I'm glad I just decided to back off on FB5. Didn't need me trying out parallel parking on top of rocks as well. :lol:

I didn't get any pics. Just one bad one out the front of a trail that looked way scary but when we got out an looked it was cake.

Definitely a greasy day out there. But was able to make some really nice climbs and such.

We ended up going back out behind you and then hitting up all the Powerline Trails. Then went and hit all the Archers Firebreak Trails. Except of course Canopener and Waterfall. Gotta have 36"+ meats, front and rear lockers, and 4:1 low range for those badboys.

Popped out down on 6 closer to Tillamook on Archers road. Looks like the Land Rover Club adopted the Rodgers Trail (name might be off as my TSF map is out in the Soob). Gonna have to check it out sometime as it's long. Out there by itself, but long. It was closed for awhile but looks open now! :)

Yeah diffintely good times!!!

Scoobycimbs did good stuff, cleaning FB5, but too bad he had to work :(

The proof was in the puddin' though with the older gens! I'm SOO sold on dual range!

Holy-cow, I knew i wanted the low gearing of a DR, but didn't know how good they really are! TeamCF walked all over stuff idling up and down things that blew me away, in his stock carbed (though welded rear diff), UNlifted wagon. Never high centering, or even scraping on stuff I'd've pucked up waiting for the scrapage, and all in a 1.4something:1 EA81! Now i want, no NEED, to try out playing in an Ea82 with the 1.59 and fuel injection!

Ooh, and the couple hundred pound less the older gen have sure is nice! :lol:

I'll get that CD off today Gregg,

thanks for playing!

-m-