Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale station wagon engine & trans swap question

wongie

I have a 92 loyale 2WD wagon 3 speed auto w/t 82EA SPFI. car runs fine but need more power and lousy gas mileage. Reading past threads about able to swap a EJ22 engine, a 4EAT trans & wiring from a Legacy or Imperza.

has anyone done this before? what year vehicles carry the EJ22 & 4EAT? Overall I want to keep the wagon a automatic trans, 4 speed would be great! Any other suggestions will help too!

Hi there, new guy. This stuff has all been covered a few times. I don't have time to give you a review of it now since I'm at work and only have a minute.

I suggest that you run a couple of searches in this Retrofitting forum for EJ22 Swap and Tran* swap. The star will "wildcard" so that you will get Trans, Tranny, Transmission, and some other hits.

Keep in mind that the search does not work with fewer than 4 characters.

Good luck!

Hi there, new guy. This stuff has all been covered a few times. I don't have time to give you a review of it now since I'm at work and only have a minute.

I suggest that you run a couple of searches in this Retrofitting forum for EJ22 Swap and Tran* swap. The star will "wildcard" so that you will get Trans, Tranny, Transmission, and some other hits.

Keep in mind that the search does not work with fewer than 4 characters.

Good luck!

many threads about engine and trans swaps.... the search continues...

any other suggestions others didn't list would be helpful also..