Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 fulltime trans Q's

JWX

ok I'm probably going to get an XT6 trans from WJM but it is stuck in 5th gear. how hard would this be to fix? he said something about the rail is stuck or something. and what all do I need to put this in my hatch? I'm thinking I can use the EA-81 flywheel with the XT6 clutch? and the spline count is 25 on this, right? so I would need to get ahold of cvaxles.com to get those right?

it will fit like a 5spd install, but the axles will not work. you will at least need turbo ea81 axles, and an ea82 25 spline doj.

the ea81 flywheel will not work, but ea82 4wd 5spd flywheel, clutches will work. and you will need the mechanism for the diff lock, i think a 5spd pushbuttin system will work for the diff lock. tou will have to custom mount the shifter

the ea81 flywheel will be too small for the 5spd's clutch disc.

you will have to determine if your stuck 5th gear is the linkage itself, or internal.

iu think it would be best to keep the 5spd shifter as it is, and get it to fit your existing shifter console

the ea81 4wd lever will just not be connected to anything on the full time trannies