Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX wont Start!!! help fast

Guest wrxsubaru

Right now i went to pick up a 92 svx. The owner replaced the battery because the old one died and would not take a charge. The new one battery worked once, the night before, but now the battery takes a charge, but the car does not get any power at all. Is there any fuse that could cause this?? Any ideas THANKS please resond as fast as you can becuase we have to get this car running so I can drive it 800 miles home.

Guest brattysvx

So you are saying nothing works right? No power to the lights, radio, etc? Check the cable connection on the battery and fusable links.

Guest sirveaux

Try jiggling the battery cable connections on the battery posts. When I put a new battery in, I got the negative one on too loose, and occasionally it would arc and short out or something, I really don't understand what was happening, but a little jiggle fixed it. Something to try :)

-Ryan

Guest wrxsubaru

it was the fusable link. We got the car home today, about 900 miles. The tranny held, and isn't sliping, or any thing. The tranny did have a leak but we put some stop leak stuff in it and it completlty stopped.

Guest Legacy777

you probably also gummed up all the passageways in your transmission by putting that stop leak in it. I highly suggest you change that fluid and hope it flushes that stop leak out.

Are you planning on rebuilding the tranny?

Guest wrxsubaru

The stuff i put into the tranny was not a thick or guey, it frlt like regular ATF, its spose to make all the seals expand, to stop the leak.

I would want to rebuild the trannie, but the reason it broke was she put it into reverse when she was moving a couple times, she said the trannie guy pulled bolts out of the pan, when she took it in to get looked at. I think some mounting bracket got torn out of the tranny or something. any ideas?