Ultimate Subaru Message Board

360 info?

i own a 86 xt and absolutly love it!

now my question is i found a 1970 360 for 500 obo and was wondering whats with these little cars? are they reliable at all? will it be a money pit? top speed? any info would be aprettiated.

altho i think 500 is a little excessive seeing how i bought my xt for 300 and have ac. runs great:banana:, new tires, perfect paint and interior(minus the missing back seat)

Others that are more 360 savvy will chime in here, but I can tell you 500 bucks is a STEAL if this things in decent shape.

This was the first car subaru sold in the US, and there werent a lot of them sold here to begin with.

2-stroke engine (sounds like a snowmobile)

Quirky little ride, but bigtime collectors item. Nothing that youd ever want to be a daily-driver.

Oh, and top speed is usually around 50 - 55 mph:grin:

Others that are more 360 savvy will chime in here, but I can tell you 500 bucks is a STEAL if this things in decent shape.

This was the first car subaru sold in the US, and there werent a lot of them sold here to begin with.

Quirky little ride, but bigtime collectors item. Nothing that youd ever want to be a daily-driver.

thanks for the info!! but just out of curiosity why wouldnt it make a good daily driver?

btw here is the posting.. of course it is on craigslist!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1072977041.html

The ad looks pretty good!

If it were near me... I would buy it :grin:

I guess you COULD make a daily driver of it (if you commute in-town)

Down side would be a BIG lack of almost any replacement parts for it.

Most all the subaru part numbers are obsolete.

The cars are small, and cute. Think of a TINY volkswagon beetle.

I have 5 Subaru 360 daily drivers. I rotate driving them. I also service them for a living. 500.$ for a running 8 months ago, what looks like a straight, non-cracked windshield Sedan is a great deal. You can't compare a Subaru 360 to any other car. They have special needs.

Contact me if you get serious.

www.mphspecialties.com

I daily drive mine just to debunk that rumour. 70 mph GPS verified top speed too. See video and prepare to be awed:

see and you shall believe!

Thanks or all the info. unfortunatly due to some family issues (which i dont think anyone cares to hear of more hardship in these times) i wont be able to get it. but i apretiate all the advice and if things get better and i find another i will definatly jump on it.

Thanks or all the info. unfortunatly due to some family issues (which i dont think anyone cares to hear of more hardship in these times) i wont be able to get it. but i apretiate all the advice and if things get better and i find another i will definatly jump on it.

Hey, I wish you the best of luck in these tough economic times. Definitely look into a 360 when things get better. If you want any more info, PM me. I used to own one. I'd say go to the 360 club but you have to be a paying member now to use their forums.

Hey, I wish you the best of luck in these tough economic times. Definitely look into a 360 when things get better. If you want any more info, PM me. I used to own one. I'd say go to the 360 club but you have to be a paying member now to use their forums.

hey i really apretiate it. sucks, the more and more i looked at it the more i wanted it! lol. who knows maybe the guy wont be able to sell it and ill get it done the road some time. only time will tell....

I daily drive mine just to debunk that rumour. 70 mph GPS verified top speed too. See video and prepare to be awed:

see and you shall believe!

Dont get me wrong here, I LOVE 360s.

AND

Im not saying that your 360 DOESNT do 70 MPH (it obviously does)

BUT... 70-something MPH is definitely top-end... and thats with modifications.

I felt it might be better to be straight with people (who are used to modern horsepower) about the speed capabilities of a 360.

Actually, you are right. And,... you are wrong.

My 360's are basically stock. I just optimized what I have with some modernization. That was the intent and purpose of the test video. I've been thinking of a dyno test. Just to see what RWHP is.

Mods: I do run a electric fuel pump, E.I., 150 psi compression, cold plugs and tuned with a wideband AFR meter, synthetic injection oil, new wheel bearings, new clutch, good alignment, and tire pressure.

That is the extent of mods. Pretty basic. NO porting, NO expansion chambers, NO bigger carb, Stock air cleaner snorkel, Stock air filter, Stock muffler, Stock jets, Stock gearing, Stock bore, Stock pistons, Stock log exhaust manifold, Stock fuel tap, Stock needle and seat.

As far as being straight with people. Yeah, it' wont do 0-70 in 5 seconds. More like 5 minutes.. it's 360 cc's. For what they are they do great.

Hands down the most fun car ever.

I have a 360 Pick up. It is absolutely hands down, the most fun vehicle I have ever driven, and to let you know, I have driven: a Lamborghini Countach, a Farrari, Dodge Viper, Chevy Corvette, and countless cafe style bikes that you can barely hold on to. If speed is all you are after, don't bother with a 360. You will NEVER have more people stop and ask you what you are driving, or how many GPH you get, or any other billions of questions, than driving a 360..... guaranteed!

I have a 360 Pick up. It is absolutely hands down, the most fun vehicle I have ever driven, and to let you know, I have driven: a Lamborghini Countach, a Farrari, Dodge Viper, Chevy Corvette, and countless cafe style bikes that you can barely hold on to. If speed is all you are after, don't bother with a 360. You will NEVER have more people stop and ask you what you are driving, or how many GPH you get, or any other billions of questions, than driving a 360..... guaranteed!

So right on!

Here's a video of a Subaru 360 truck I got going for a client recently.

My 360 has no problem keeping up with normal traffic. It can cruise at 55 mph easily and I have had it up to 70 mph. A long trip on the highway at 60+ mph for hours on end might be too much for it, but other than that, you can drive these cars just like any other car.

Yesterday was our first REALLY nice 1st day of spring, to celebrate I dusted off another 360 and made a new video. Enjoy!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by 2stroketurbo
too many dancing bannana's

Hey great scenery there.... :lol: Sorry, but I think we'd all rather see the car than the road it travels over.

Sure is a cutie. Would like to see more of the car. How about a little tour with all the doors and hatches open? I for one would really love that.

I've avoided the 360 bug for a while but every springtime you know they all come out try to bite me. :grin:

What would work here would be an electric "automatic" 360 van for my wife. I'd be a sucker for a pickup or van too.