Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommend a Good Subaru Mechanic in the Phila, PA Area

If your looking into a dealership....I hear rafferty subaru in Newtown Sq...gets a pretty good rep...Personally im a tech down at Matt Slap Subaru In Newark....and not to sound arrogant or anything but from what ive read we get a pretty good rep too...other than a dealership i cant really think of anywhere.....

I'm in South Jersey & am in the same boat.

Searching old threads I came across svxpert as a possibility (i think in deptford).

I PM'd him but haven't heard back.

Anyone know is he works on older soobs? or is willing to, or still has his shop?

Svxpert, if you read this, I am not looking for free service. I just want to know that my cash is going to a knowledgeable and honest mechanic.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Might consider a delaership (have a few SubaruBucks to use), but was looking for an independent mechanic. Looks like I need to replace the front axles, both boots torn for a while now.

84FF, yes he PM'd when I asked years ago on this forum about a local, but I forgot his name and lost the PM. Maybe he will see this. Not looking for a hand out either, just want an honest and knowledgeable mechanic.

I use a garage in North Wales where the mechanics are pretty good. Let me know if you are interested. Just be aware that any shop will charge you extra for the parts and labor rates range from 60 an hour up to 100+ at the dealerships.

I recently put a driver's front axle in using a friend's lift. It is a pretty easy job if your not laying on the ground. I did the right front axle on my 2000 Outback wagon laying on the ground. That made the job take longer and was uncomfortable on the cold cement.

Steve

I have an independent mechanic take care of my 2000 Forester.

He's very good and AAA approved. He's located in NE Philadelphia; just a few blocks from Huntingdon Valley. He replaced a wheel bearing, cat conv, and general stuff, etc. I've used him about 17 yrs or so and on various cars.

PM me if you need details.

~Howard

:banana:

Edited by howards11