Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recommend a Good Subaru Mechanic in the Phila, PA Area

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyB

JohnnyB

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Phila

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

As the title states, anyone know a good Suby Mechanic in the Philly area. Thanks in advance.

#2 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

If your looking into a dealership....I hear rafferty subaru in Newtown Sq...gets a pretty good rep...Personally im a tech down at Matt Slap Subaru In Newark....and not to sound arrogant or anything but from what ive read we get a pretty good rep too...other than a dealership i cant really think of anywhere.....

#3 davebugs

davebugs

I don't "friend"

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Pittsburgh suburbs (NE)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

I believe Subaru360 is north of town but I don't know if he works on other folks cars.

It might help to know what you're thinking needs done.

#4 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

I'm in South Jersey & am in the same boat.
Searching old threads I came across svxpert as a possibility (i think in deptford).
I PM'd him but haven't heard back.
Anyone know is he works on older soobs? or is willing to, or still has his shop?
Svxpert, if you read this, I am not looking for free service. I just want to know that my cash is going to a knowledgeable and honest mechanic.

#5 JohnnyB

JohnnyB

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Phila

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for all the replies so far. Might consider a delaership (have a few SubaruBucks to use), but was looking for an independent mechanic. Looks like I need to replace the front axles, both boots torn for a while now.

84FF, yes he PM'd when I asked years ago on this forum about a local, but I forgot his name and lost the PM. Maybe he will see this. Not looking for a hand out either, just want an honest and knowledgeable mechanic.

#6 subaru360

subaru360

has no catchy title

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Fleetwood, PA

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

I can do whatever work you need done, but I am an hour plus from Philly.

#7 svxpert

svxpert

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

'84 Flat-Four, p.m.'ed you back

JohnnyB, p.m. me what you need done and model car. thanks

#8 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

PM'd you.
Thanks svxpert!

#9 1997reduxe

1997reduxe

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Houston

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Oh, 360, Fleetwood!
I used to love that drive out from Boyertown to Hamburg and the Appalachian Trail. Route 61 is a great trip to go to State College...
Nice area, Oley, etc.

Stuck in Houston...
:mad:
'97

#10 Steves72

Steves72

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • SE PA

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

I use a garage in North Wales where the mechanics are pretty good. Let me know if you are interested. Just be aware that any shop will charge you extra for the parts and labor rates range from 60 an hour up to 100+ at the dealerships.

I recently put a driver's front axle in using a friend's lift. It is a pretty easy job if your not laying on the ground. I did the right front axle on my 2000 Outback wagon laying on the ground. That made the job take longer and was uncomfortable on the cold cement.

Steve

#11 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

I have an independent mechanic take care of my 2000 Forester.

He's very good and AAA approved. He's located in NE Philadelphia; just a few blocks from Huntingdon Valley. He replaced a wheel bearing, cat conv, and general stuff, etc. I've used him about 17 yrs or so and on various cars.

PM me if you need details.

~Howard
:banana:

Edited by howards11, 22 March 2009 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users