Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hey guys new here and just got my 96 impreza brighton and am gonna be doing my first upgrades but not sure what to do and also would i be able to add a tach from another subie from the junkyard? plan to add pics when soon

welcome aboard, tell us about your car, miles condition, etc.

the wiring should be there so adding the tach should be easy. probably the same as a legacy, but you'll need to check. you can post a 'wanted' add in the classifieds here, someone should have one. it might be a little easier just to replace the whole instrument cluster, but your mileage wouldn't match the the new odometer.

ah yes..there a few excellant threads on adding a tach to the brighton model..do a search i know youll find something...I just replaced the tach head in my legacy and went soley off the instructions on here...ah here we go... http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2529&highlight=tach+head..as mentioned mileage would be helpful...What kind of upgrades did you have in mind...power upgrades? audio upgrades? etc...

well its got its got 154k interiors in good shape, there are a couple rust spots on the exterior and bone stock. i plan on doing a power upgrade first and then on to some handling. as far as audio i replaced the factory speakers with infinity reference series and it has a pioneer head unit