Ultimate Subaru Message Board

numberonestunna getting lifted Gen2 hatch

one eye

About 3 years ago my buddy Cody had an accident in South Mount Vernon, with his 85 hatchback, it has since sat at his house on jackstands for that whole time, this is what it looked like back in the day.

Codyred2.jpg?t=1237862749

Codyred.jpg?t=1237862792

And then the day of the wreck, thanks to 3eyedwagon we have a pic!!

codyflip.jpg?t=1237861772

it smashed the drivers side hatch and the passengers side fender up. doesn't look too bad but the car is twist a bit.

So we headed down to his place and...........lifted it a bit

codyshatch001.jpg?t=1237861893

this is where the hi-lift jack came in hand.

codyshatch002.jpg?t=1237861912

codyshatch003.jpg?t=1237861955

Thank you to uncoolperson here on the board too, Andy, you'll be happy to know that parts of your car are living on one piece at a time:grin:

codyshatch004.jpg?t=1237861971

the RF area still needs some work if anyone is wondering why the tire is so whacked out

codyshatch005.jpg?t=1237862055

this is for McBrat

codyshatch006.jpg?t=1237862123

codyshatch007.jpg?t=1237862156

This car is for off road use only so there are 2" blocks in the front and the 19mm under the seat is all the way up, here is what it looks like in the front strut area.

codyshatch008.jpg?t=1237862171

The best part about this story is, there is one more hatch that has been saved, for now, from being parted out, I'm pretty sure with a bit more work this thing will make a good little wheeler............

Jeff

Edited by one eye
  • Like 1

i like that it was saved, but with what i have seen from out there, this one will be smashed by a tree, and then toasted. We dont have any of these around here, think about in iowa in those years, NOBODY bought subarus, we had like 1 dealer per state then, so there weren't any sold new, and now 20 years later, they are still not here. We ship them in. I would give 1g for this as is. but its a waste of your time to do so. so destroy it, and give us pictures.

I am needing another guinness. i want a nice turbo brat ,will pay 8g or more if its nice.

Edited by bheinen74

i like that it was saved, but with what i have seen from out there, this one will be smashed by a tree, and then toasted. We dont have any of these around here, think about in iowa in those years, NOBODY bought subarus, we had like 1 dealer per state then, so there weren't any sold new, and now 20 years later, they are still not here. We ship them in. I would give 1g for this as is. but its a waste of your time to do so. so destroy it, and give us pictures.

I am needing another guinness. i want a nice turbo brat ,will pay 8g or more if its nice.

Sorry man, I'm not tryin to rub it in or anything. This one was flipped and has a good ol twang in the "frame", thats the only reason for it moving to the, Wheel the crap out of it section, it was a real nice rig back in the day, but atleast its getting used for something other than just sitting, and rusting out in a leanto. Your best bet is to move out here and you'll never have a shortage of Subies!!:)

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jeff

you are the man. I cant believe its that easy. my wagon is comin to you:banana::)zzz:Flame: youre the teacher Im the student

Bob

I'll help you out ASAP. Work is just to much right now, last week I worked 77 hours, but I'm home sick today and yesterday. Broken tooth and the meds they gave me, made me rash out........so not having to much fun right now. I will help you out though...............

Jeff

• 1 year later...