Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Holden Commodore (Aussie Pontiac G8)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keiji22

Keiji22

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image

http://www.holden.co...ew?modelid=4006

Sexy.

Better looking than the American Pontiac G8, and with more power to boot.

I'm seriously considering buying a used one and having it shipped Stateside. Lots of options and accessories that come from the factory. I can get a damned decent used one for about $19,000US and have it shipped here for about $2,000US. (Even getting it through customs won't be too hard.)

Anyone ever done any research on this car or the company? (They're owned by GM)

What does USMB think?

#2 Keiji22

Keiji22

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

The Holden Commodore comes in various trim levels and platforms. The only ones I'm interested in are the Ute, SS, SSV, and SV6.

The Ute is the truck platform, the SS/SSV model is just the performance edition with a choice of transmissions. While the SV6 is the sport 6-cyl version. (The SV6 is a more realistic goal for me.)

#3 Pontiac6KSTEAWD

Pontiac6KSTEAWD

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • St Louis

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

I would so love to have a UTE. But buying one from over there, and having it shipped over isnt practical for me. Right hand drive, shifting the six speed with my left arm. Everything is on the wrong bloody side!

#4 Keiji22

Keiji22

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Good thing they make postal versions in LHD.

#5 waimaks

waimaks

Hey Boe!

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • NZ

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

Just to kill my curiousity, how exactly does the G8 vary from our Commy bastard?
Aside from the obvious LHD/RHD thing.

What kind of specs is the G8 available with?

#6 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

a V8 Holden is like a if you managed to get a MPFI EA81. Its freakin old with some new tech sitting on top. I don't like them, kinda ugly/plain. Seating position doesn't work for me at all (the Ford Falcon is worse though). About all it does good in the driving world is go sideways (that's why TopGear love it).
But that's just me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users