Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just saying hi

just saying hi to all,ive been reading for awhile but havent been able to post till tonite (thnx to shawn)and just wanted to let u all know i think this is a great site!and im the proud owner of a 1985 brat(not running yet) but working on it and with ur help i hope to get it going! thnx beachbum

St.Pete. FL eh? Love that area,especially out over the causeway-Clearwater Beach....welcome and good luck with the Brat.

Is Wendy Rich still playing clubs down there?Wendy and the Soul Shakers-or so it was back in the 90's.My friend was helping her with photography for here CD's/Promo's.

And Syd Tunstall's Ducati-and other sweet bikes-motorcycle shop?Some of the nicest people in the industry.One of the coolest places to walk into in you love European motorcycles and race bikes in general.

sorry no windshield,but alot of other parts iw ill be listing in the next few days from an 80 stationwagon,lights switches etc.or if ur in a hurry just email me and i will see if i got what u need,and dont know wendy rich, but there is a nice ducati shop here off of u.s19 dont know the owner though sorry goldwing man myself..

Thanks for the offer... Other than the windshield (not in a hurry to get it at all), I don't really need anything else (got a whole identical car like mine for parts), I asked because you're almost a "neighbour". I am pretty sure I can get a new w-shield locally for smth. like $120, but I'd rather take a road trip to FL if someone had it there cheap...

Stupidru,

Moosens is in CT, way too far, I'd go bankrupt on shipping alone probably! So I didn't ask him. Besides, I think he'd let us know if he had any...

hey ma-fia , the junkyard by me has at least 10 roo`s from sedans to wagons and the windshields r $35.99 each and i think a $4.00 core if u really want 1 let me know what other models will fit and i will see if they have it? sorry u have to come down and do the labor though,last time i tried to pull 1 i cracked 2 before i gave up.

I don't have one but someone I know does.GLF!

I just had one and sold it to WagonsOnly.Is that really it's own size?Can't use another coupe or hardtop?

Well,if you want to take a ski road trip now's the time.Pretty sure you can score the windshield within your price range.

:)

Oh BB,Wendy and the Soul Shakers.http://www.geocities.com/imjames69/WendyRich.html

Good quick read for info/pics:http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Wendy_Rich/

Fronted Janis Joplin's former band-Big Brother and the Holding Company.STRONG voice,great blues singer and she rocks.A Tampa St.Pete favorite for a while.

That's Tunstall's off of 19.Worth a stop in.Good luck riding that area.I know it's a little hairy in that traffic.No contamporary bikes at the moment.Just a couple old Ducatis and a Sears(Puch) for the wife.

Cheers!

Beachbum,

If you check out my webpage (in the sig), you can get an idea what a GLF looks like (if you didn't already know). If you happen to see one in your junkyards, say 4 mo from now (in april-may or thereafter), let me know! (Right now can't go anywhere.)

I think my manual has a good section on removing w-shields. If you want, I can scan it and e-mail it to you.

Moosens, (and BBum)

Unfortunately GLF windshield is unique. I have a factory manual for '82, and the measurements they show differ by 1 to 5 or more mm. Go figure why they did it.

Do you know how much it costs to ship a windshield?

WHO HAS ONE?.... Let me know pl-se. I've got 2 of 'em, but both are cracked.