Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Got a new Copper/Brass radiator from rockauto, $50!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 derburger

derburger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Central IL

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

I ordered a Koyo brand radiator for $50 shipped to me from Rockauto for my 86 EA82T xt. On the page it says plastic/aluminum tank. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an all-metal NOS "Genuine Super Complete" brand copper/brass radiator! All metal construction and it's made very well. It has the fittings for the auto trans that my XT doesn't have, they're brazed into the copper or brass tank. Should I just loop a hose on these two fittings, or plug them somehow?

The fittings small fittings are seen on the left of this photo, my manual XT doesn't have them. I would take a pic of my new radiator but I just have a crappy cell camera picture.

http://info.rockauto...isteon/9815.jpg

The radiator was part number 45111GA580 from rockauto, $33. I don't know what radiator they would send after mine, they probably bought up some old stock, and I ended up with a brass/copper radiator. Pretty sweet for $50!

#2 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,448 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

You don't have to do anything to those fittings. Tranny fluid flows in there and since you don't have an auto, there will be nothing flowing through those. At the same time, if you wanted to plug them you could

#3 derburger

derburger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Central IL

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Bad picture, but you can see the tank is either made of brass or copper by looking in the rad cap post.

Posted Image

#4 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

OES is NIHON

OE is plastic tank

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:40 AM

Tried finding this deal on rockauto. Could not locate.

#6 Niku-Sama

Niku-Sama

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Lesser Up North

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

single or dual core?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users