Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa Campout June 5-7, 2009

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have some tools with me... well, other than you all :lol:

my friend Russ may be coming as well. he's a previous mountain grizzly owner, and owner of the red '87 lifted wagon I used to have.....

working on my brake system this week... I think I'm still on target to have it ready for the campout....

John stopped by and saw it (when he got his engine), so 3 people have seen it in person now :)

ea81 factory skid plate... I do have ..might have rims too I am not sure if I want to part with the rims yet. Does any one have one 14 inch pug.. I need a spare

I have one 14" aluminum pug, i can bring just one, or all 5 :)

Ben really wants them, but we have not completed the deal, so I am offering first one with oney to me gets em..

bring all 5 brent ill take them all. Cash in hand.

Ok roll call and what your bringing call. Its just a few weeks away. In any incident there is the slight possibility i might not be able to attent. My wife might need to back into surgery for more gallbladder stuff. But if thats true then she misses her vacation which sucks for all. But lets hope it doesnt get to that.

So anyways whats everyone planning to bring.

I have a small grill with some charcoll and lighter fluid.

Assorted Non Alcoholic beverages.

My campin stuff.

Rear disc Brakes (but i might install them buy then)

Assorted tools but if others are bringing theres ill leave mine at home.

Ill be leaving room to take 5 pugs home brent:lol:

last i remember, there a bbq grill set up at every site there. I think mick has the site reserved where i hung out with some friends last year, there will probably be a nice spot without grass where my friend hurled up a whole sack of potatoe chips/budlight was really nasty.

I did a little bit of looking in my sportsman's atlas for dirt roads. there are some in the area, but I don't have anything mapped yet....

still working on my brake upgrade for the front of the BRAT

The brat gonna make its triumph return or u bringin the wagon.

as of now the Brat. I did find the top radiator hose has been rubbing the snorkus of the hitachi carb inlet, so i have to swap out the hose for a long trip like this for fear of it totally rubbing thru. I am going to have Weber located, but it wont be here in time to install, so this will be the last trip in it with the hitachi crap, i mean carb.

Hopefully this weekend I will get some time to install the cyclops and wire it up. I pulled it out of the parts Brat, got the switch pulled, now i need to find the rest of the wiring and relay wherever it might be hiding in the parts Brat. Hopefully i dont have to WOFC.

Also, I am bringing the 5 pugs for you Ben.

Hopefully 76point is coming with front bumper for me.

Mick, remember the Subaru stickers in white.

I am sure I am forgetting something.

cheers

Yea alittle nervous about driveing out of town with my car. Ive noticed a wicked vibration when i go above 60. Fixing the back exhaust just made me notice the manifold gaskets are shot. Ill be bringing my sleeping bag, grill, charcol, cooler full of drinkies, money :grin:, tank full of gas and some eats. Unless someone wants to buy the rear mudflaps i could bring those as well. Everything else was thrown away. I probally wont take my car offroading because im gearing up for serious body work the week we come back and i dont want any xtra scrapes or mud to clean off before i start.:lol:

just got my CB installed, found out it doesn't have SWR meter built in like i thought.

?does anyone have a swr meter they could bring to this so i can borrow and tune this sucker?

thanks

I believe I have one I can bring....

if you don't have a weber located, I have a spare manual choke one now :)

(I just don't have the adapter....)

you could bring the rear bumper from the parts brat if you want.....

Where did you get your cb brent ive been thinking about one also. How long does it usually take to get there from desmoines mick. Ive got a set of offroad lights i can bring along if someone wants to help me install them. I might just leave my projects at home and handle them in my own time.

Edited by The Dude Abides