Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for a tow in Seattle...

Hey guys... I was wondering if any of you guys in Seattle have a tow rig and a little time on your hands. I need to get a non-running 2WD Subaru from Seattle to South Everett. I'd prefer not to have to pay for a full-priced professional tow if possible. I'd make it worth your while and kick a little $$ your way...

Needs to be this week, on a weeknight. If not, no worries, I can always call a tow truck. :)

Here we tow strap them pretty decent distances. It is very important that the towed vehicle be very similar in weight to what is towing it as that car stops both cars mostly and of course that its brakes work well.

Its pretty safe but wear a seatbelt, have both cars insured and do it on as much of an off hour of traffic as possible. Make sure to put a secure hook on each end and red flag the strap. Make sure the car has working lights and a good battery too so others can see you.

This suggestion is not authorized by USMB, the club, its founders, etc and we cannot be responsible for what happens. :)

Shawn - not a good idea given the distance involved, the fact that a freeway MUST be involved in this particular case. But thanks. :) Though I have done that before with an S10 towing an XT.

loyale - I appreciate that, but by the time I pay for a dolly AND float you some $$ for gas, it'd be about the same as a pro tow. :)

I'm going to need this to happen on Friday evening. If noone here has a dolly who can help out, I'll just call the tow company... it's fine. :)

Shawn - not a good idea given the distance involved, the fact that a freeway MUST be involved in this particular case. But thanks. :) Though I have done that before with an S10 towing an XT.

loyale - I appreciate that, but by the time I pay for a dolly AND float you some $$ for gas, it'd be about the same as a pro tow. :)

I'm going to need this to happen on Friday evening. If noone here has a dolly who can help out, I'll just call the tow company... it's fine. :)

I actually feel safer on the freeway than side streets. You dont have to stop and coordinate nearly as much. Keep it to 45MPH and I don't even worry much. But I totally understand the hesitation and would only do it with my friend Terry or Jerry DeMoss honestly it has to be a couple people that are very used to each other and how they drive and such. Good luck with getting it home all the same!

Looks like it's all irrelevant anyway. Thanks to a painfully slow medical billing process, I just found out that the ambulance ride I took earlier this year ISN'T covered, because I never met my deductible.

Soooo... the $$ for the car isn't there. Yay.

Moral of this story: If you need to go to the ER and you're not bleeding profusely, take a cab. It's cheaper.