Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

what i do when i am not working on the car...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

i start thinking of more ways to suspend the hatch.these are what i have been looking at .....
Posted Image

10 inch

cheers, brain

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

They look like they are for a ATV?
Maybe double up on each corner :-p

#3 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

They look like they are for a ATV?
Maybe double up on each corner :-p

umm, no.they are 10 inch travel air shocks rob......comeon sugar,an atv...really?:lol:cheers, rbain

#4 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

Cool, I don't know about you but I like underwater basket weaving while reading a book.:-p

#5 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

umm, no.they are 10 inch travel air shocks rob......comeon sugar,an atv...really?:lol:cheers, rbain

In that picture they look tiny.
Like they would bend on the first jump :-\

#6 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

I dont think those are lifesize in the picture rob.

Here is a more realistic shot:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

what type of mount brackets are those and where did you get them b?(the gold colored ones)those are what i need to mount the air shocks on the top .i was thinking of utilizing a new subaru strut top and just using a bracket like that for the top mount.or shock hoops.havna decided yet.
cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru, 28 April 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#8 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:31 AM

I dont know, i stole those pictures off the internet.

I wish my rig had those :)

#9 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

that coil spring, without a inner structure, does not look safe. Have you ever taken mehanical ink pen apart, and removed the spring from the ink can, stretch it out some, then squeeze it together? it goes shooting off somewhere. same thing here, no support structure, and when it gets compressed, see ya spring, mia.
Maybe i a foobar wrong on this, but that would be the way i think.

#10 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

that coil spring, without a inner structure, does not look safe. Have you ever taken mehanical ink pen apart, and removed the spring from the ink can, stretch it out some, then squeeze it together? it goes shooting off somewhere. same thing here, no support structure, and when it gets compressed, see ya spring, mia.
Maybe i a foobar wrong on this, but that would be the way i think.

Not to be an rump roast, but perhaps you should look at every coil-sprung suspension system on any American made car from the 60's and newer :rolleyes: sorry, I just feel mean today :-\

Brian, you plan on using these as the suspension or with the suspension? If you want to mount them in the front in place of the struts its really easy to make a plate to mount them to, but if you need some help figuring it out let me know and Id be glad to help
-Bill

#11 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,383 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

first part:completely agree bill....learn what you are talking about bheinen74,before you speak...no offense meant,but for ************s sake.has been used on a million vehicles..................

and bill,i have been thinking about a way to mount the bottoms to the knuckle without movement,(as that is what is required),but am open to suggestions.
i should have the parts by the time you come to town to pick up and drop off your parts.we can defenitely chat then.i always appreciate an extra eye.cheers, brian

Not to be an rump roast, but perhaps you should look at every coil-sprung suspension system on any American made car from the 60's and newer :rolleyes: sorry, I just feel mean today :-\

Brian, you plan on using these as the suspension or with the suspension? If you want to mount them in the front in place of the struts its really easy to make a plate to mount them to, but if you need some help figuring it out let me know and Id be glad to help
-Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users