Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what i do when i am not working on the car...

monstaru

• 3 weeks later...

what type of mount brackets are those and where did you get them b?(the gold colored ones)those are what i need to mount the air shocks on the top .i was thinking of utilizing a new subaru strut top and just using a bracket like that for the top mount.or shock hoops.havna decided yet.

cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

that coil spring, without a inner structure, does not look safe. Have you ever taken mehanical ink pen apart, and removed the spring from the ink can, stretch it out some, then squeeze it together? it goes shooting off somewhere. same thing here, no support structure, and when it gets compressed, see ya spring, mia.

Maybe i a foobar wrong on this, but that would be the way i think.

that coil spring, without a inner structure, does not look safe. Have you ever taken mehanical ink pen apart, and removed the spring from the ink can, stretch it out some, then squeeze it together? it goes shooting off somewhere. same thing here, no support structure, and when it gets compressed, see ya spring, mia.

Maybe i a foobar wrong on this, but that would be the way i think.

Not to be an rump roast, but perhaps you should look at every coil-sprung suspension system on any American made car from the 60's and newer :rolleyes: sorry, I just feel mean today :-\

Brian, you plan on using these as the suspension or with the suspension? If you want to mount them in the front in place of the struts its really easy to make a plate to mount them to, but if you need some help figuring it out let me know and Id be glad to help

-Bill

first part:completely agree bill....learn what you are talking about bheinen74,before you speak...no offense meant,but for ************s sake.has been used on a million vehicles..................

and bill,i have been thinking about a way to mount the bottoms to the knuckle without movement,(as that is what is required),but am open to suggestions.

i should have the parts by the time you come to town to pick up and drop off your parts.we can defenitely chat then.i always appreciate an extra eye.cheers, brian

Not to be an rump roast, but perhaps you should look at every coil-sprung suspension system on any American made car from the 60's and newer :rolleyes: sorry, I just feel mean today :-\

Brian, you plan on using these as the suspension or with the suspension? If you want to mount them in the front in place of the struts its really easy to make a plate to mount them to, but if you need some help figuring it out let me know and Id be glad to help

-Bill