Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone....

bigo1966

it could be done but then the door wouldnt latch,because you would have cut the latch out. it could be done if you were willing to cut and reweld the door latch (and fender) to the new location.

the edge of the door is at the inner fender edge...

Wow 32's Eah? Make sure you don't get an offset that is to far out.....you'll never turn again if you do. Mine rub to the point where it gobbles up the tire in a sharp turn, and I can't turn back............

just for a heads up.....................

Jeff

may i ask what engine and tranny you are going to run with 32"s

if its still the stock engine and specifically gearing all you are gonna do is burn up clutches. the tires are too big and will overcome the gearing and basically it will be for looks and a pain to drive epically off road.

I've had 30s on a few of my rigs and had no problems. Just don't ride the hell out of your clutch and you should be fine, and if its carbed run a weber. I think you could run 32s, the beast I drive, Bill has has 31's so one more inch aint going to be much more. How much lift do you have?

Jeff

I roughly have 5" of lift. The plan to acheive the gearing to turn 32's is stuff a motorcycle engine and transmission under the hood, mated to the subaru d/r. Use the subaru clutch still. It will take some work but it will be worth it...and fun.

I still don't understand how any one runs such huge tires on stock drive train! My Brat has 26's on it and it is def starved for power and is hard on the clutch

We all must have magical clutches! Just drop it, and go, and you shouldn't have that much of a problem.

As for this thread: Good idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out.