Ultimate Subaru Message Board

IDLE Problem

Greating everyone,

So, lately I havent been driving "littleone" around because havent had time. Well on saturday at 5:00 in the moring I had a wrestling toury. I had to coach at. So I got up started my car and went back inside to make coffee and get dressed.

When I started her up she ran at about 2grand. Which I figure if normal for a car that hasnt ran in like 2 weeks. I get in my wagon and start heading towards school. As I pull up to Greenlake, I had to stop. Then I noticed. That my car would go from about 350 to 800 RPMS. Like bounce back and fourth. It also almost stalled out.

Later that night I get home and call my trusty friend NOAH, who explains to me a couple of options. Which I do. (p.s. Noah with a small hammer) But none seem to work.

Could it be a bad fuel filter or something the along the lines of that. Cause it only does it when I am on a hill facing downhill.

Thank you

John

definatly check your filters there are 2 of them one by the pump and one under the hood for EA82 just on the firewall

If its carbed

check your float level on the drivers side of the carb

if its below the dot you need to adjust your fuel float

and/or replace it. If that dont work do a fuel psi check 2.6-3.3

or a fuel volume ....that would tell you if your pumps going out