Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2004 forester XT suspension on 95 Legacy wagon??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EastCoastEJ22T

EastCoastEJ22T

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Have the option of picking up a full set of 04 XT struts, will these fit on my 95-99 lego wagon? Was going to orderr new outback KYB GR2's put these came up, deals to good to pass up. Did some searching and they will fit, may have to change top hats in the rear, or stick with the lego springs and hats (rear).

Edited by EastCoastEJ22T, 18 April 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,954 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hm, did Forester ever go to rear multilink suspension like Legacy and Outback did around 99/00?

#3 EastCoastEJ22T

EastCoastEJ22T

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRu Posted Image
Here is a pic of our 95 with 04 Forester struts.

Posted Image

The wheels are Forester XT's with 225-60-16 Sumitomo's. The tires rubbed in front so they didn't stay on long. When we wear out the stockers I think I'll try some 215's on my daughters car.

found this guy running 04 forester suspension. Looks promising :)

Posted Image

#4 betzold

betzold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Lewiston, ID

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

http://www.ultimates...more-clearance/

heres the link to my stuff. im needing help. ive been told to do the 99 outback suspension but the forester setup looks much taller and more beefy. you said your tires rub but if i went down to like a 210 would it work fine? and is it as basic of a swap as just doing the outback setup? if you could help and post on my link it would be much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users