Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX has a virgin switch too sort of

Was going to drive the SVX in to work today.

Battery Dead.

Drove the BRAT instead

Got home, put the charger on the SVX, and well, guess i had the parking light maybe fog light switch on. Guess the ignition off does nothing to prevent switch from lighting those lights. This pisses me off. Wonder how many times i will end up draining a battery cause of stupidity. Darn it again. Its not even a virgin switch on the steering column, this is the switch along the dash panel next to the heated mirror switch (which by the way i never plan to drive the SVX in snow or ice, so that is a waste as well)

Time to junk her too.

Edited by bheinen74

Just like every other 1990's Subaru car, the SVX has the parking light switch. On this car, it just happens to be next to the heated mirrors switch. I think it's awful hard to hit by chance as I rarely ever use my heated mirrors.

As for the foglights, if they are staying on when the headlights are off, then you've got some serious wiring issues you need to address. SOP for the foglights is that they don't work unless the headlight lowbeams are turned on. And in that case, the lowbeams are wired such that they will not stay on if the key is not in the "ON" position.

By the way, the SVX is a GREAT car in the snow and ice. Put a good set of snow tires on it and it just won't stop. My SVX, even with crappy summer tires, plowed through 4 or 5 inches of snow without a problem. Remember, the SVX has a rear LSD, so it has another wheel in the back that your BRAT probably doesn't have (unless you put a LSD on it).

Edited by Manarius

Remember, the SVX has a rear LSD, so it has another wheel in the back that your BRAT probably doesn't have (unless you put a LSD on it).

:lol: when I read that :lol:

yes, my wagon does better than your brat :grin:

when first reading topic, I thought of the "funny widnows" :D

:lol: when I read that :lol:

yes, my wagon does better than your brat :grin:

when first reading topic, I thought of the "funny widnows" :D

:confused:

Seriously. The brat could be dual range with 4WD as opposed to AWD, but it still would have trouble where the SVX (having a rear LSD) would not. Granted, the SVX is a purely on-road venture, but the point still stands.