Ultimate Subaru Message Board

32 Ford style Hot Rod from Mini pickup

Been thinkin on this for a couple years, looks like it may come to pass , I would like to take a mini import pickup and convert it into a little Hot Rod heres a model I threw together , it started as a stock truck and I converted it

picture.php?albumid=133&pictureid=1069

picture.php?albumid=133&pictureid=1068

picture.php?albumid=133&pictureid=1070

picture.php?albumid=133&pictureid=1071

picture.php?albumid=133&pictureid=1072

thinkin once the white car if a runner and tyhe shops all cleaned up I should start on it , already have the truck lined up to get its a 86 Dodge d-50 m( mitsubishi) has a cracked head, I have a bronco 2 V-6 I could use and a 32' Ford front rad grill and lights

Edited by Scott in Bellingham
detail

Thats actually a pretty cool concept model, if you clean up the firewall on the Dodge or bled the cowl into the '32 hood nicely it will look sharp! I have to suggest V-8 power though, just cuz I have a hate issue with Bronco II engines... Needs a keg for a fuel tank though :brow: I like it

-Bill

I have a old 26' model T truck cowl that is pretty flat may use parts of it for the shape, I want to build something that has a high fun value and a low price, years ago I had a model A coupe and it needed everything, I figure if I start with a modern vehicle most the works already done for me and the price is right,

similar to this cowl / firewall

gastank.jpg

RLIGHT.jpg

sideview.jpg

add detail

Thats actually a pretty cool concept model, if you clean up the firewall on the Dodge or bled the cowl into the '32 hood nicely it will look sharp! I have to suggest V-8 power though, just cuz I have a hate issue with Bronco II engines... Needs a keg for a fuel tank though :brow: I like it

-Bill

I don't know about the engine, but I'd use a different tranny if you can adapt one. They're notorious for being unreliable, and my dad can vouch for that. One tranny per year that he owned his BII. :eek:

I don't know about the engine, but I'd use a different tranny if you can adapt one. They're notorious for being unreliable, and my dad can vouch for that. One tranny per year that he owned his BII. :eek:

Then again...it's not like this will be a commuter.

i have been thinking about rat rodding my next subie.cut the front off and make a subframe for it.then do a hood/cowl.was thinkin about it with the hatch, then it became the monster it is...........

it would not take much to turn a subie into a rod........cool model.cheers, brian

• 2 weeks later...
Im actually quite interested to see this project come to fruition :banana:

On a side note, why not adapt an H-6 motor to the stock Dodge trans/t case combo? I would love to see a 3.3 or 3.0 with a trifecta of 2bbl carbs on it :slobber: nothing says hotrod like mulitple carbs and open headers :headbang:

-Bill

that sounds nice, Im trying to do this on a low budget of Money and time would be nice to run it this summer , I have the ford v-6, would like to save the stock tranny transfercase of the D-50 as it already there and hooked up and its tucked up nicely in the frame, I wish I had a worker that could help me on these things as my time is limited but my ideas are not SJR

• 2 weeks later...
Nice lookin pickup there, Scott! Are you also gonna paint about the same as the model? :slobber:

probably keep the back this blue color and paint the front a lighter color

with old school scallops , and a number 13 on the door, I do need some paint advice from you as I am ready to start on the frame mods and I want to paint the frame as I go

similar to this

3225149362_12afc1b96f.jpg?v=0

add detail

probably keep the back this blue color and paint the front a lighter color

with old school scallops , and a number 13 on the door, I do need some paint advice from you as I am ready to start on the frame mods and I want to paint the frame as I go

similar to this

3225149362_12afc1b96f.jpg?v=0

Oooooh, I like the scallop idea! Probably hammerite for the frame, same paint as on my wheels. Por15 is better, being epoxy paint, but mail order only as far as I know. With rubberized undercoating to absorb most of the shock, ham. would be just fine at $12/ qt. :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...