Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 NA MPFI cam specs 87/88/89 NA needed please .

discopotato03

Hi all , I wish to run the slightly better 87 hotwire engine spec cams in an 87 spider turbo engine I've had rebuilt . I believe the turbo cams are 14-56 56-14where the NA ones are supposed to be 16-60 60-16 .

I checked through Subaru and the part numbers are different for the 88/89 MPFI NA cams compared to the 87 MPFI NA ones .

I really really need to know what the 88 and 89 L series Factory Subaru workshop manuals quote as MPFI NA cam specs for those years .

MY 87 L FSM shows a single ring in the "B" id position and two in the "C" position .

If basically all these EFI NA cams are the same spec then the right ones should be easy to get .

Also BTW I read that in 1986 only one of the EA82 NA's had 8.5 to 1 CR pistons std , were these carby or MPFI and would anyone have the genuine part number for them ?

Cheers and thanks , Adrian .

the NA ones are supposed to be 16-60 60-16 .

I checked through Subaru and the part numbers are different for the 88/89 MPFI NA cams compared to the 87 MPFI NA ones .

I really really need to know what the 88 and 89 L series Factory Subaru workshop manuals quote as MPFI NA cam specs for those years .

MY 87 L FSM shows a single ring in the "B" id position and two in the "C" position .

My 87 USDM FSM shows the same specs for 87 NA MPFI as the 88-89. 16-60-60-16

Although the markings are different.

For 87 it's *A* in the A mark, 1 ring at the *B* mark, and 2 rings at the *C* mark

I don't have an 88 XT FSM.

For 89 it's *A* in the A mark, None in the *B* spot, and 1 line in the *C* spot.

Don't know if that helps.