Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'Hate' is too strong a word. I do love the all wheel drive. However, when I upgraded to an '08 outback from an '00 legacy wagon I was disappointed with a number of features.

I just assumed that everything would have either remained the same on been improved upon. The worst feature in the '08 is the lack of illumination of the dash instruments. Unless I'm missing a knob or adjustment all I can see brighten during the day is the odometer and the center console readouts. For the life of me I cannot see the speedometer readings at all when the sun is out.

The rest of my complaints consist of the refraction of the headlights in any kind of fog and the lack of adjustments to the heating and cooling. I was unable to get much heat down to the floor during the winter and, with the basic wagon model the only way I can manage the cold from the AC is by turning on the heat.

Again, I wouldn't trade the all wheel ride for another car. I just hope they can improve on the interior features.