Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all. I have a 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon. The issue is my left turn signal is blinking at twice the rate of the right. The problem started on Saturday night on my way home from being out all day. It was raining, but not hard. My initial thought was that I had a bulb burnt out. When I got home I turned on the signal and got out of the car checked both the front and the rear and both bulbs were working just blinking fast and almost seemed dim compared to the right side which is working normally. Could this be a relay? Or something else? Any help would be appreciated. They are working but it is just annoying for me I guess.

Thanks Josh

i had the fog lights wired into the left front turn signal housing (gettng power off the driving light portion). unscrew the mount screw, carefully pull the turn signal housing to the front of car to remove, and undo the wire nut that goes to the foglights wires, rewire back the factory wire without the foglight wire. I bet something is grounded/shorted

thats probably it. Be ** very carefully removing the lens housing, they are fragile. I have repaired the top mount tab, but there is a slide tab on bottom portion to be careful too.....

good luck

sorry.

also, if this is not it, check the sidelight in the fender......between tire and door

Edited by bheinen74

Hello all. I have a 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon. The issue is my left turn signal is blinking at twice the rate of the right. The problem started on Saturday night on my way home from being out all day. It was raining, but not hard. My initial thought was that I had a bulb burnt out. When I got home I turned on the signal and got out of the car checked both the front and the rear and both bulbs were working just blinking fast and almost seemed dim compared to the right side which is working normally. Could this be a relay? Or something else? Any help would be appreciated. They are working but it is just annoying for me I guess.

Thanks Josh

You have a bulb that may be internally shorted. It looks fine but take a meter to it or inspect it and youll see a filamint is shorted.

nipper

You have a bulb that may be internally shorted. It looks fine but take a meter to it or inspect it and youll see a filamint is shorted.

nipper

That's what I was thinking as well. When one of the bulbs has too much resistance, that causes the system to blink faster.

That's what I was thinking as well. When one of the bulbs has too much resistance, that causes the system to blink faster.

Yup. The newer electronic flashers use the bulb resistance as part of the timing circuit.

nipper

Sorry to take a week to get back to everyone. Yes it was the front bulb that had the problem. I just switched the left and the right and wabam worked!!! Went out and bought new ones. :banana:

Brent the TW is doing absolutely perfect! Nothing really to complain about. How do I keep the cd player from overheating and causing the cd's to skip, anybody? Oh yeah, I found the leak in the sunroof sweet, lol!

Anyway thank you all for the great advice!!!!

Josh