Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doc526

doc526

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Dallas, GA

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Im Dean and I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5L 5 speed . I bought it 2 weeks ago and love it. :banana:

Some background about myself, I build mid 40s to early 50's hot rods, (current project is a 1949 Ford F1 pickup) and assorted electronic projects. I am not new to the forum scene as I have been a member of several ones in years past (ford trucks,hyundai and Harley Davidson).

Most of my time wrenching on newer vehicles has been related to Ford 7.3L Superduty diesel truck and Harley Davidson Evolution engined motorcycles.

I am interested in learning all about my 97 subie, so I will probably sit back and do a lot of reading and not much typing for now. If you know of some really good threads for newbies please let me know!

Thanks for reading and look forward to seeing you all around!

Dean

#2 Spiffy

Spiffy

this road's wide enough

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

the outbacks are pretty nice...

the only thing to really watch out for on the 2.5 motors is the head gaskets... they're prone to failure...

keep lurking on the New Gen forum and just read away... lots of knowledge to be absorbed...

#3 doc526

doc526

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Dallas, GA

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

Thanks!

I have heard about the headgasket issue so I am keeping an eye on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users