Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi Guys,

Im Dean and I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5L 5 speed . I bought it 2 weeks ago and love it. :banana:

Some background about myself, I build mid 40s to early 50's hot rods, (current project is a 1949 Ford F1 pickup) and assorted electronic projects. I am not new to the forum scene as I have been a member of several ones in years past (ford trucks,hyundai and Harley Davidson).

Most of my time wrenching on newer vehicles has been related to Ford 7.3L Superduty diesel truck and Harley Davidson Evolution engined motorcycles.

I am interested in learning all about my 97 subie, so I will probably sit back and do a lot of reading and not much typing for now. If you know of some really good threads for newbies please let me know!

Thanks for reading and look forward to seeing you all around!

Dean

the outbacks are pretty nice...

the only thing to really watch out for on the 2.5 motors is the head gaskets... they're prone to failure...

keep lurking on the New Gen forum and just read away... lots of knowledge to be absorbed...