Ultimate Subaru Message Board

plug wires

It sounds like you might have gotten EA81 engine wires, they tend to be too short as the distributor is on the right rear of the engine instead of directly in the center like ea81's.

Since you have an 85 thats highly likely to be confused due to the overlap in models of GL.

I haven't heard of the brand of wires you are talking about though. A google search left me wondering if you were talking about taylorcables.com but I couldn't see anything that was Specifically for a Subaru on their site.

AdvanceAuto has an inexpensive brand called Xact that tends to have OEM length wires and lifetime guarantee. $14 with tax or so.

Napa Belden part# is 700731 - $21.99 red sheet price

If that part number you gave first is for Taylor, I think you are missing a digit in it? My Taylor book does not list application data for Subies, so I can't help there.

Lengths on the Belden set:

11, 13, 32, 36, and 10 coil

NGK wires alwasy fit well for me and last a lot longer than most brands. they have more durable insulation. no too long too short BS either. the napa Belden wires are not bad if you cannot find NGK.

another one I have heard of but not used yet are the magnacore wires. supposed to be really good.