Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front camber question

I have a 85 wagon with an AA 4" lift. Is there a way to get the front camber adjusted so the outside of the tires are not wearing out? any photos or links would help. I read a little about shimming the strut towers but dont really understand....also, does anyone know how to fix the clock, what resister to use? Thanks, Jeff

the clock problem is usally a solder joint problem, take the back cover off the clock and wiggle the wires looking for a loose solder joint, and resolder it. works most of the time , ive never seen bad camber problems with aa lift kits, can you take pics of the installation. somthing must be wrong ??

^ exactly.

A cam plate would be kinda silly at this point since you have to drop below the stock mounting anyways. Plus I wouldn't want to modify that solid unibody mounting point on a car with the stress of a lift on it.

You just need to be sure that the new upper mounting point of the strut is directly inboard from the stock mounting point at a 15* angle. If the strut towers supplied are incorrect in their angles, that is your problem. I've seen a few cars that required different angles, so 15* is just kinda the average "magic number". You may need to go a hair more, depending on your car.

EDIT:

You may also want to check if you have the adjustable front struts. If you do, and they are adjusted all the way up; you can probably get your camber back to acceptable by adjusting the strut lift nuts back down. Or set something really heavy on the hood. :grin:

Edited by 3eyedwagon