Ultimate Subaru Message Board

trippy trip (and more)

hey, on my '86 gl10, (didgidash) the gas, and temp guage as well as the trip computer are speratically acting up. occationally, the gas guage will show full, then later ill catch it just near empty, and it will hold there for a while (not sloshing arround.) the same goes for the temp, it will show about normal then, at the same time the gas guage acts up, it will show no temp at all.

as for the trip guage, it will not do anything except look good. (no lights. buttons do nothing. completely useless.) then, a while later, ill look over and it will be working fine.

im not getting this, its really annoying me. i thought i punctured my gas tank when i saw the guage while off roadin. :rolleyes: lol

so , has anyone else had this problem? some sensor? loose wiring? ugh, where to start?

thanks,

tyler.

older digidashes are known for problems like you describe.. the solder on the back gets crusty and crappy..

on my 87, I had the dancing temp gauge.. but it did it in time with my heater fan.. the higher the heater fan, the higher the temp gauge.. I added some extra grounds off the negative terminal of the battery and all problems went away