Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My interpretation of what the 7-seater may look like.

Based on what little we know about the 7-seater (rumoured to be called "Surveyor"), and looking at Subaru's past, present, and future designs, I came up with the following possible mockup of what the vehicle MAY look like. It'll be interesting to see how close I am to the actual car when unveiled!:o

Anyway, your thoughts are welcomed and consider this an open invitation for everyone to try to mockup their own interpretation of this vehicle's possible look!

post-674-136027587962_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by 99obw

I hope the grill area doesn't look like that, because I want to buy one of these things when it comes out.

I'm guessing he got that grill design from the Subaru B11S (I think that was the name) concept car. Big surprise that the designer of the concept car formerly worked for Alfa-Romeo (and that is such an obviously "Alfa-Romeo-style" design on the B11S).

Originally posted by Warp3

I'm guessing he got that grill design from the Subaru B11S (I think that was the name) concept car. Big surprise that the designer of the concept car formerly worked for Alfa-Romeo (and that is such an obviously "Alfa-Romeo-style" design on the B11S).

Actually, I took the front of the B9SC (scaled it vertically for a bigger SUV-like front), the rear of the WX-01 Concept car, door handles and turn light from R1E, and roofracks from scratch. B9SC's mirrors were added, wheel wells were straight modified to blend with cladding inspired by the new Outback (built from scratch in this sketch). I think that's everything...

Originally posted by Hondasucks

Call me stupid if you will, but I actually kinda picture this thing as being a stretched-out modified Outback or Forester. Look at the Nissan Pathfinder Armada.. Same basic shape as the regular pathfinder, with enough modifications to make it unique, and bigger.

Okay, you're stupid! :-p

Actually, the blue vehicle in the sketch is about the same height and dimensions as a Nissan Murano but longer to accomodate a third row so it is substantially bigger (in case not coming through in sketch). If you are thinking the thing looks more Outback or Forester-like, why not take a stab at it and throw us a sketch of what exactly you are picturing? This is what this thread is all about! I'd love to see exactly what you envision! :)

Nice artwork melding the concepts. Unfortunately, for my taste the front of the car makes it look like an anteater. If you took the two hood lines and moved them further laterally towards the fenders, you'd get less "hips" and more "shoulder" to the look, somewhat like the Volvo hood lines. This might require that you take that Alfa grillwork and stretch it laterally as well (not a bad thing though). The back seems to trail off without impact. How about a little more "haunch". The VW Toureg seems a fair balance so if SOA could take a cue and give it the SOA style stamp, I'd buy. Micheangelo stated that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.