Ultimate Subaru Message Board

adjustable suspension system

the gen2 4wd vehicles (80-84 wagons, 80-89 hatches, 82-87 Brats, and potentially the turbo traction coupes?), had adjustable front struts, to raise the ride height about an inch, and the rear torsion bar had an adjustment screw as well, to raise the ride height... the rear was accessible through the floor of the passenger vehicle, but you had to crawl under the bed for the Brats....

the gen2 4wd vehicles (80-84 wagons, 80-89 hatches, 82-87 Brats, and potentially the turbo traction coupes?), had adjustable front struts, to raise the ride height about an inch, and the rear torsion bar had an adjustment screw as well, to raise the ride height... the rear was accessible through the floor of the passenger vehicle, but you had to crawl under the bed for the Brats....

thank you McBrat

I knew a little bit about the rear. now I guess ill check out the fronts

again thank you

You could raise and lower ride hights, on the 4wd's. There are adj. nuts on the struts, and one on the rear. These should be adj for off road use, as they throw off alignment reduce ride quality, wear parts etc.

Cool and Ouch

thank you McBrat

I knew a little bit about the rear. now I guess ill check out the fronts

again thank you

there was 2 nuts and adjusters on the bottom spring holder. a lot of aftermarket struts don't have the adjustment, so not all the surviving 4wds have them...