Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My wagon with 14" pugs with 26" tires!

Hey, Well my wagon finally has 14s on it! No lift (Yet) but I did gain 2" if not more from the new tires. Tires are 205/75R14s BFG Long Trails T/As

Here are some pics!

2009_0509Test0003.jpg

2009_0509Test0004.jpg

2009_0509Test0005.jpg

Theres about a 1ft. if not more under the rear diff now. (I'll measure it tomorrow)

2009_0509Test0002.jpg

OK, so heres before and after Powder coating.

BEFORE: Monday

2009_0501Test0008.jpg

2009_0501Test0009.jpg

2009_0501Test0010.jpg

AFTER: Wednsday

2009_0507Test0002.jpg

2009_0507Test0003.jpg

2009_0507Test0004.jpg

Thanks for looking and the help you guys have giving me.

-Tom

PS: Does anyone know of any aftermarket center caps that will work on the 505 pugs? Feel free to post pics of any :)

Yes I can turn, only time it rubs is if you turn full and hit a bump or an uneven suface (Driveway entrance) it just hits on the lower front and back part of the front fenders. so yea, I'll trim it a little to give it room when the strut bounds/rebounds. gonna use a air cut-off tool tomorrow :)

btw, in the second picture you can see where I did a little bashing, so I'll need to cut that plus a little more to be on the safe side.

Edited by TheLoyale

bh I got the tires from F&F Tire group (A real tire shop) umm lets see, total was $503 but they charged me $16 for tire disposal (I didn't have any tires nor stems on them) So I'll get that back monday. I got the wheels powder coated at Hy-tec coatings, $300 flat for blasting, priming and coating. oh and the new acorn were $40:rolleyes:

Spiffy Thanks, yea theres alot of PCing shops up by you.

Sooba Thank you too, yep I'm pretty happy on how it looks so far :)

Backinbrat, drop a EA82 wagon Lol! Why not put 22s on it then :P but thank you, yea hopeing do a 2" lift soon.

The Dude, yea it looks a little stuffed but not bad in person. It still looks better then having those 165/80R13s Douglas on it lol.

Mick, oh yea. you did have BFG M/Ts in 14s. wish they would bring them back in 14s. Any Soob looks good dirty!

Scooby, much obliged. yea I'd think about a 4" more if ya didn't need a longer steering shaft and new crossmembers. So I think a 2" is enough :) C'mon, look at what Jeff "Oneye" does with a 2" :headbang:

Durania, yep its fun to pull behind a car and be higher then them. My front bumper is now level with the rear bumper on my parents S-10 Blazer.. Still a little lower then their FJ, But I have more clearance under the front then the FJ!

93Newbaru, Thank you. Hope you get it up and going soon :)

I Really Like the Look of Your Subie! ...

2009_0509Test0002.jpg

...with Those 14" Pug Wheels that Look very Nice Powder Coated, Great Job! ... Well Done!!! :)

I Believe that your Subie got More Clearance UnderBody than some other Bigger Cars, Even Without a Lift Kit; Because Lift Kits Needs to Drop the Engine CrossMember and the Rear Diff...

Also: I Got Around the Same Tire Clearance / Rubbing on my Subies, `cos I Run Fat 205 Tires; No Problems after all These Years Drivin` Like That... I Even Feel that the Vehicle`s Stability have Increased.

Kind Regards.

Scooby, Dirty Subaru? Clean Subaru? Hmm gonna go with the dirty Subaru! But you can always get the clean one all mudded up for the naybors to look at LOL!

JesZek, thank you very much! yes I do have more clearance then any bigger/older car. I was behind a Toyota tercel today (Muhahaa) my bumper is up to the bottem of his tail lights! :headbang: I get looks from people all day, Can't wait to go to the dealer for a part now, I'm way higher then a OB (Was next to one a wally world today)

God bless JesZek :)

John, Lol yea radio flyer huh.. Just need some redline tires to complete that Haha.

Thanks

...God bless JesZek :) ...

Thank You! ... You`re So Kind! :)

I Really Like your Red Wagon, those Rims & Tires Match Perfectly with its Colour & Shape.

If you Park it aside to a "Standard" Loyale Wagon from a Friend, you`ll Notice the Difference; maybe you can Take a Picture of Both and Post it Here.

Kind Regards.

Cameron, Haha thanks..

JesZek, I would but I don't know/live close to anyone with a Loyale :( Loyales seem rare here in Lower east WI.. But cool idea!

oh and btw, if you use a 2" lift, you don't need to change the crossmembers nor lower the rear diff. :)

But yes, it seems more stable (Probably the added waight of the tires plus the width)

Edited by TheLoyale

Cameron, Haha thanks..

JesZek, I would but I don't know/live close to anyone with a Loyale :( Loyales seem rare here in Lower east WI.. But cool idea!

oh and btw, if you use a 2" lift, you don't need to change the crossmembers nor lower the rear diff. :)

But yes, it seems more stable (Probably the added waight of the tires plus the width)

There isn't any need to change crossmembers on a 4 inch lift either. Just add the spacers.