Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback 2.5i, heated seat not working

Does anyone by chance have the service manual pages or any other docs that show how the electrical connections are set up for the 2005 Outback heated seats?

The passenger side works fine, and both dials on the center console light up when it is turned on. Driver seat never warms up though.

I haven't torn anything apart yet, but will need to before the next winter rolls around. I've gone soft... :P

Start with the easiest thing first. Use a meter and make sure you have continuity in the heater coils. If you dont, then we are done here.

Odds are thats the problem, the easiest to diagnose and hardest to fix.

nipper

Obviously start with all the above, easiest things first. But not to burst any bubbles or sound like a know it all but most of the seat heater problems I see are due to the grid in the seat failing, not to hard of a fix if your mechanicly capable and you have some patients and some hog ring plyers. Hope its a bad connection, good luck.

I see are due to the grid in the seat failing, not to hard of a fix if your mechanicly capable and you have some patients and some hog ring plyers. Hope its a bad connection, good luck.

please share details....

nipper