Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Outback 2.5i, heated seat not working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cheetah8799

cheetah8799

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • St. Paul

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone by chance have the service manual pages or any other docs that show how the electrical connections are set up for the 2005 Outback heated seats?

The passenger side works fine, and both dials on the center console light up when it is turned on. Driver seat never warms up though.

I haven't torn anything apart yet, but will need to before the next winter rolls around. I've gone soft... :P

#2 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

check the green plug under the drive seat. The ones on my Brat came loose at the connector. MMM toasty seats in a BRAT are nice (from a 04 Limited, side air bags not hooked up, but power and heat is).

#3 cheetah8799

cheetah8799

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • St. Paul

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm gonna feel pretty dumb if it's a simple plug under the seat that the previous owner disconnected.

#4 cheetah8799

cheetah8799

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • St. Paul

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Just got back from the parking lot, plugs all appear connected. Kinda tough to see under there though, so I'll dig further when I get home and see if I missed something.

#5 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

Start with the easiest thing first. Use a meter and make sure you have continuity in the heater coils. If you dont, then we are done here.

Odds are thats the problem, the easiest to diagnose and hardest to fix.

nipper

#6 humbleninja10

humbleninja10

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

Obviously start with all the above, easiest things first. But not to burst any bubbles or sound like a know it all but most of the seat heater problems I see are due to the grid in the seat failing, not to hard of a fix if your mechanicly capable and you have some patients and some hog ring plyers. Hope its a bad connection, good luck.

#7 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

I see are due to the grid in the seat failing, not to hard of a fix if your mechanicly capable and you have some patients and some hog ring plyers. Hope its a bad connection, good luck.

please share details....

nipper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users