Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1976 Wagon

Ok, This is the one that RenaissanceMan was talking about. 76 Wagon, 4wd and in great shape. Little rust around the rear window but nothing serious. It does have the EA-71 in it. This is a factory AC car too! I am buying this one! No doubt about it.

100_2785.jpg?t=1242536544

100_2786.jpg?t=1242536602

100_2788.jpg?t=1242536644

100_2795.jpg?t=1242536676

Yeah I got it 2 years ago. It had been sitting in a field for 20 years. It was completely rotted out and I had absolutley no luck finding any parts for it. So I stripped it and took it to the junk. To bad too. It was a neat looking car.

I like the pics of that orange 76 dl sedan. It says RIP under the pic, too bad.

But the fenders will live on in honor of the rest of it! lol

Yeah I got it 2 years ago. It had been sitting in a field for 20 years. It was completely rotted out and I had absolutley no luck finding any parts for it. So I stripped it and took it to the junk. To bad too. It was a neat looking car.

It was all broken off when I got the car. It was one of the things I was looking for when I tried to find parts for it.

Did you strip the licence plate light cover off of the 76 DL? I have been trying to find one. They get mistaken for the trunk handle and get broken off.

It was completely rotted out and I had absolutley no luck finding any parts for it. So I stripped it and took it to the junk. To bad too. It was a neat looking car.

Ahh, come on now. I remember telling you where two 76's were located, and giving you the number and everything. My friend said you never even called about them....

True they were in another state, but not that far away.......

I have NEW voltage regulators for your car. I will gladly turn over one - or two if you want - for the same low price I paid on eBay.....like $15 each.

The '76 has the rectangular connector on the harness. All others don't - they have the round one.

If you don't want any I'm thinking of converting the connectors to round if that's possible.

Well I went and picked it up today. Runs horrible! Needs the carb fixed. It really bogs down when you push down on the gas and it backfires sometimes too. By the way it has 63,383 original miles on it! These are the actual miles and who know how many of them are miles driven on it. This car used to be towed behind a motorhome by the original owners. On the plus side the AC works great!:banana:

Did some work on it yesterday and found something I did not like. Rust in the floorboards!:mad: It's pretty bad but not bad enough to be rotted through the floor yet. It was the most serious on the floors behind the front seats. I have got to get the weatherstripping replaced! Already have the windshield gasket now I just need to by the door weatherstripping from Mike (RenaissanceMan). Also need to replace the rear window gasket and find something to use as a seal for the rear hatch. Got to put something on the rust to stop it and fix the car. After that I think I have a pretty good driver. Also used the plasma cutter to cut off the hitch and tow bracket that somebody had welded on.

Richard

I have a gasket for the rear window (same as VW superbeetle window), I also have the weatherstripping 45 feet should be plenty?

dont freak out about the rust rich, just buy some POR15 and brush it on. Give me a call when you have the carb off and I can come pick it up. If you need POR15 let me know I was thinking about ordering another quart for myself.

I'm not worried about the rust Mike. It is pretty serious but not through the floor pan yet. I was thinking por15 too. I think once the weatherstrip issue is taken care of I think it will be ready to once again see the road. Has not been registered since 98. Would love to get that rotted out 79 wagon here in Paso for a parts car though. She just is being totaly unreasonable about her price!

Well I finally drove it home today!:banana:This is the first time my 14 year old son has seen it and he loves it! He wants it for his first car. Maybe there is some hope in converting him over to being a Subaru lover after all!

Well I finally drove it home today!:banana:This is the first time my 14 year old son has seen it and he loves it! He wants it for his first car. Maybe there is some hope in converting him over to being a Subaru lover after all!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was not nice to my first car... um.... maybe you should make him drive the brat for a couple years to get the antzies out of his system...

Mike, He won't get it for his first car. He may learn how to drive a stick in it though. No way does he get it. Way to fine a car to let a teenager destroy it. Wife hates it but thats ok. She's not the one who is going to drive it.

• 3 weeks later...