Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car Ethusiast Newby Seeking Advice

Hello folks. I've been lurking the boards for a while now and finally decided to post.

I'm a newby when it comes to anything regarding cars beyond driving them, though in the last few months I've had quite the crash course in mechanics.

I have a 94 Loyale with a reconstructed title, that has had a slew of problems. Due to a budding interest, and a tight budget, I've been learning to fix everything myself. So far, so good.

The real reason I'm posting this though, is I want to build up to doing an engine swap. I have 260k miles on the original engine, and it's slower than molasses to boot. It's an EA82, and I've seen on here that the EJ's are (relatively) easy swaps.

What I'm wondering is, how much technical know how must I possess to do something like that? Am I just dreaming that I could feasibly do it any time soon, when the most complicated thing I've done is pull a radiator? I saw their was a guide put together by you guys, and I'll admit it was mostly gibberish to me at the moment.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hello folks. I've been lurking the boards for a while now and finally decided to post.

I'm a newby when it comes to anything regarding cars beyond driving them, though in the last few months I've had quite the crash course in mechanics.

I have a 94 Loyale with a reconstructed title, that has had a slew of problems. Due to a budding interest, and a tight budget, I've been learning to fix everything myself. So far, so good.

The real reason I'm posting this though, is I want to build up to doing an engine swap. I have 260k miles on the original engine, and it's slower than molasses to boot. It's an EA82, and I've seen on here that the EJ's are (relatively) easy swaps.

What I'm wondering is, how much technical know how must I possess to do something like that? Am I just dreaming that I could feasibly do it any time soon, when the most complicated thing I've done is pull a radiator? I saw their was a guide put together by you guys, and I'll admit it was mostly gibberish to me at the moment.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

If this is true, then you have a problem.

You will most likely need help if you go for this.

There are some members that are in your area, maybe they will volunteer to help.

There are some members that are in your area, maybe they will volunteer to help.

I volunteer, if your location is in north Idaho as I believe it is...

I'm currently swamped with a drivetrain swap on my 90' lego

and brake repair on my 80' Brat, but I'll gladly help out when I can.

Twitch

PS: I'm in athol, btw.