Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mickey mouse gasket

So I was curious where you guys got oil pump seals and gaskets for EA81 and EA82 motors? I have had a hard time finding them and the last time I had to get one from the dealer which was a serious pain. So does anyone know who else has them or sells them or, does anyone have a set they would let go? Thanks in advance. -Jason

UPS and I have always gotten my stuff quick... I LOVE Rock Auto. They have even called me when a part I ordered wasn't available and asked if they could substitute..Excellent customer service IMO

Sweet thank you. I will be ordering immediately.

Rockauto is good, but typically I use either my local dealer or one of the online dealers for most of my parts. I have not been overly impressed with much of the aftermarket stuff and the dealers pricing is actually decent. But of all of them, Rockauto is one of my top choices. Too bad their shipping rate is outragous.

GD

i just resealed an XT6 oil pump this morning with parts I got from thepartsbin, they seemed to be OEM brand in color and all.

But of all of them, Rockauto is one of my top choices. Too bad their shipping rate is outragous.

GD

aren't the online subaru places outrageous at times too? one of them is $12.95 minimum...another is %10....quite high if you're ordering a couple seals.

i would rather order from subaru but rockauto and thepartsbin ship much quicker. i have a shipment from subaru coming next week :rolleyes:, wish i would have ordered it from rock auto!

Yeah that's true about the shipping from the dealer web sites. My local dealer gives me a wholesale rate that is within 5% of the cheapest online dealers so very often I just buy from them. And they are 5 minutes from my house.

Rockauto is particularly bad on shipping it seems. I priced out rotors and pads recently for my 91 SS - nearly $60 in shipping. Perhaps the west coast is not in their back yard.

With the older stuff it's a waiting game almost no matter where you buy the stuff. The dealer doesn't stock any of it and neither do any of the local parts houses.

Still - a lot of the OEM parts just can't be beat for quality. I would often rather wait for the dealer to get my parts in than have to do the job again in a few thousand miles.

GD

Yeah that's true about the shipping from the dealer web sites. My local dealer gives me a wholesale rate that is within 5% of the cheapest online dealers
crack, i was hoping you knew of one better with shipping. i'll have to check my last order, may have been something on there old gen that they didn't have in stock, hence the delay.

i get the discounted rate too at the local dealer, i should go there but there's something nice about click, click, then a box on the front porch.

I just ordered the oil pump gasket set from rock auto and the shipping wasn't that bad. But it also doesn't weigh anything. It was about 8 bucks and change with shipping.

oh yeah, that's good. the online subaru dealers are annoying because they charge a minimum - so your $8 order would have had $12 shipping charge from some sites.

wow $8 for all three parts of the oil pump reseal and shipping? that's good, when was the expected arrival time?

if it was one of the online subaru dealers it would be very odd for me to get it by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

oh yeah, that's good. the online subaru dealers are annoying because they charge a minimum - so your $8 order would have had $12 shipping charge from some sites.

wow $8 for all three parts of the oil pump reseal and shipping? that's good, when was the expected arrival time?

if it was one of the online subaru dealers it would be very odd for me to get it by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

They said it would ship the next day after they received the payment, which will probably be the next business day. And I actually had it shipped first class mail, so it will take a few days. But yeah, not bad at all, I thought. I have dealt with the minimum shipping charges before, they suck! And unfortunately sometimes you have no choice because you need the parts!