Ultimate Subaru Message Board

did the swap with help from miles fox, everything went well , now getting odd codes, like check serviceable records, tps, did not swap the ecm also used honda bond great stuff,

Can you detail the swap a bit more? Which parts did you use?

BTW, the car senses the "Honda" bond and is now retaliating!

Based on the P1143 code, ''Pressure sensor circuit range/performance problem (low input)'', the problem might be related to the barometric pressure sensor or solenoid switching valve. If the codes were there with the 2.5, it could be that the baro sensor or solenoid valve is bad, etc. They're mounted on the right (passenger side) strut tower.

If the codes weren't occuring with the 2.5, I'd concentrate on related vacuum hose connections. Look at the emissions label pasted to the hood underside. Trace the vacuum hose back from the strut-mounted parts, through the filter (make sure it's not blocked), to what's engine-mounted, and make sure a hose isn't off or misconnected.

It might be easier to advise you if you would give all the Pxxxx codes (not the code definitions) that have come up.

Did the engine you swapped in's car have a charcoal canister under the hood or was it back on the right rear of the car like the outback?

I want to say a 97 has the rear canister if you used an intake off one with it in the back of the car you will have problems.

What I do when I do these swaps is gut the intake manifold except the fuel rails and then move the Throttle body, wiring harness, egr pieces and solenoids from the one intake to the other. You have to fool the car into thinking nothing changed. You should have all the pieces except the gaskets to do this as well. The fuel piping and vac pipes will all unbolt from the bottom of the intake and swap on. A couple bolt holes wont be used and the pipes might be loose in a spot or two but they will stay put and work fine. Take your time and move over carefully and it will work out. The EGR pipe will work on both engines.

ok, no canister on the 95 motor i put in it was missing, the 97 did, , checked the data stream it shows timing at 15 degree, but runs great smooth, the 2 codes shows barometic problem + 1143 code check sevvice notbook,

Trouble codes of the form P1xxx are manufacturer-specific, which is why you're supposed to ''check service notebook'' (that is, look up the code definition for Subaru P1143). I already provided that definition, ''Pressure sensor circuit range/performance problem (low input)'' (which is a barometric problem), in post #9 of this thread. Since you said the other code you're getting is also baro-related, it would seem that's the area of the problem. The cure might be what Shawn suggested in post #10.