Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What might this XT be worth?

I have owned over 7 XT's in the past 8 years. So I feel qualified to speak on the subject. I will give you two opinons one as a person who has worked on the 85-86 Turbo Motor and two has a XT affectionado.

I would be very leary of buying a early style Turbo vehicle without being able to check it out of having ti checked out. The early style heads are prone to crack even at low mileage. In addition, the XT does not have a good resell value. Most kids do not want to drive it and it is not big enough to fit stuff in. You can pick up XT for under $1000 any day of the week. Also the automatic tranny is kind of a downer.

That being said, I think it is really cool. And if it was located on this side of the US I would definitely be bidding against you. All in all, I do not think I would not go above $1400 on it, unless you have someone that can go take a look at if for you. The vehicle without any problems is probably worth as much as $1900 if you found the right buyer. Unfortuately it is a 17 year old vehicle and it bound to need some maintence and repairs.

Good Luck.

Two main issues pop into my head.

1st already mentioned- head gasket/cracked head issues

2nd air suspension issues

That said one in this condtion in theory should retail for $2000ish. Ebay vote for me a very reasonable $1400 then if it isn't as stated walk away or explain why it isn't worth that kind of money.

I must agree with everyone else though it is a very cool car with an amazingly weird (in that cool subaru way) interior.

Without any rust, that's worth its weight in gold up here (New England/NY).
....ahhhh I don't know about *that*.Maybe a solid $1800-2300 tops,only because there's just not much interest in it.The kids want a WRX or STi and the folks willing to spend a fair amount on an XT are few and far between.

Saw a black Turbo XT today.Definitely stood out on the road.Was being driven into the ground but still looked like fun.