Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Low on power

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lazyNorm_*

Guest_lazyNorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:17 PM

I have a 99 2.5 Legacy GT auto with 52K miles. Lately it seems to be low on power. When I get into the gas, it doesn't have the kick that it used to. It also never seems to be in the right gear when going from a slow speed and then getting back on the gas. I almost have to floor it to get it in a gear that will accelerate. I have not had a check engine light or anything. Any ideas. The MPG are still good. I really don't want to take it somewhere and spend money to have some one tell me nothing is "wrong" or "that's normal" Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks----------Dave

#2 Guest_meep424_*

Guest_meep424_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:38 PM

what's its maintenance history?

mike

#3 Guest_lazyNorm_*

Guest_lazyNorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:09 PM

I got it with 32K on it, I've put plugs and wires on it at around 45K. I also changed the tranny fluid at about the same time. Other than regular oil changes and such that's about it.
I put Bosch plugs in it, which I hear is a no no, but it still gets 20 -22 mpg which it has since we got it. Do you think I should pull a plug and see if its burning properly. Thanks ------------Dave

#4 Guest_remarcable_*

Guest_remarcable_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:34 PM

When was the last time the air filter was changed?

#5 Guest_lazyNorm_*

Guest_lazyNorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:55 PM

About 3-4 months ago. ---------Dave

#6 Guest_EOppegaard_*

Guest_EOppegaard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2003 - 11:42 PM

Check to make sure there is no water in the fuel. You can do this by adding some gas line antifreeze/de-icer to the tank. Also check to make sure the fuel injection system is clean.

Eric

1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon "Flash"
mywebspace.quinnipiac.edu.../flash.htm

#7 Guest_GlCraigGT_*

Guest_GlCraigGT_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 03:20 AM

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

#8 Guest_lazyNorm_*

Guest_lazyNorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:13 PM

The fuel filter was changed less than a year ago. Like I said, I've kept up with maintainence. About how many miles does a oxygen sensor last typicaly. Will a bad O2 sensor give a CEL every time? Do the 99s have the the knock sensor problem I've read about some here. Just trowing some stuff out there for thoghts. Thanks--------Dave

#9 Guest_86Brat86_*

Guest_86Brat86_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:42 PM

my dad has a 99 legacy L on his subaru dealership lot and it had a bad computer and it made it have a huge flat spot in it. only time you could get up and go is to the floor. hope this helps

matt

#10 Guest_spagemurray_*

Guest_spagemurray_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:12 PM

Auto-Rx performed wonders on my Mazda turbo and more so on MY00 Outback. NGK Iridium plugs are the go too IMO.

#11 Guest_lazyNorm_*

Guest_lazyNorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:40 PM

Matt,
Did your dad have to replace the computer or did he have it reprogramed at the dealer or something? Thanks----Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users