Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2" Lift kits for EA82?

Tom,

I'm installing essentially the same kit. I have a Legacy GT steering coupler i'm going to try first. I'll let you know how it goes, but it'll be a couple weeks before I get to mine so you might beat me to it.

I see slight variances in your kit and mine, anyone know what that is?

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=833316#post833316

JesZek, sorry to hear that aswell :( I hope you can put enough money together so you can do a lift too!

Gloyale, oh thanks for that bit of info :)

Gary, yea I've seen ur thread :) Hmm has diffrences hey, I'll cheak out the thread :) good luck on the build though! I'm hoping to do it on july 4th, so we'll see. I'll post what I experience and some pictures aswell.

Bratman, I believe the Brats shaft is a bit longer then the EA82s. also IIRC the Brats axles are at a steeper stock angel?

btw, in my picture. you see the 4 bolts for the rear plates. are those the same as the bolts in the rear struts? If so, I'm going to go to Ace and buy 4 more so I can just use all new bolts for the rear.. Also how does the stock rear bolts screw in? is there a nut or not?

-Tom:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished installing the 2" lift on the XT6 this morning. I had to deal with the air suspension lines and fittings.

I only installed the strut extensions and I don't have any axle rubbing.

I do have axle vibrations coming out of a turn. The XT6 I believe is already strained because the 4WD ones sit really high off the ground, probably higher than any stock EA vehicles.

The axles though are new, but store bought aftermarket, so I don't trust them anyway. They were on there when I got the car. I've got a set of MWE axles I'm going to install. If they don't get rid of the vibration I'll install the rest of the front lift components. Actually I'll probably install those spacers for sure, just a matter of when. I was hoping to drive it like this for awhile since I'm rather busy right now.

Oh very nice! Gonna be getting Turbo Forester wheels huh, Cool!

So after you install the adjust switch, you'll be able to extend the shocks even farther? Or will the Axles rub then?

being how large those wheels/tires are i want to make sure the air suspension is nice and tight. i actually have to bend the air strut dust shield on the front air struts for them to fit on my old XT6. i doubt the car would move with those wheels if the air struts leak down. although the 2" lift may help, i should try it just to know.

no rubbing at all right now, i'm not really seeing anywhere they're going to rub though on the XT6. even with the height switch i don't think they'll rub.