Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Subaru Meet Details TENTATIVE

Will you be attending the Midwest Meet  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the Midwest Meet

• YES (PLEASE COMMENT HOW MANY CARS and PEOPLE)
    • NO
    • MAYBE (PLEASE COMMENT)

Date: Saturday April 3rd, 2004. (See bottom for date conflict, we may adjust date to April 10, 2004 instead, or April 17...)

Location: Monona County, Iowa is the area. This county is located between Sioux City and Omaha/Council Bluffs.

County features Preparation Canyon State Park and is part of the "Loess Hills." (pronounced "Luss")

Loess Hills

Other Loess Hills Attractions/Lodging

This landform is unique to anywhere except China. The terrain is not typical flat farmland like the state is known for.

The plan is do a tour drive of the area either originating at the State Park or ending at the State park, depending upon how many people are coming, when they are coming, and what direction they are primarily coming from. The drive will include interstate highway, gravel, County Road blacktop, small town streets and dirt roads. April is known for muddy conditions and we will try to allow for people that don't have 4wd Subaru's, or Subaru's that prefer to not get dirty, to have options for meeting up with us.

After the tour drive we will do a show and shine back at the park. RC Brat races too. :) We will probably stop in Onawa during the drive to give everybody a chance to wash their Subaru's at a carwash if they wish.

The State Park features include a campground. Iowa has pretty good campgrounds at its parks usually. Weather permitting some of us may be camping the night after the meet.

Maps:

1) General Area so you can figure out where this is.

2) Detailed road map of the area.

(Yellow highlighted areas are DIRT roads.)

3) Planned route for the "dirt road" portion of the tour is in orange alongside the roads on this map image

I have added a Poll requesting an "RSVP" for the Event. Please comment in the thread here.

Thats why were doin it this far in advance.

Everybody: Can we change it to the 2nd week in April and still have your attendance? Objections??? I have reset the poll so please vote again and comment again if you can do the 10th too.

The 10th is better for me but I want to come regardless of date. One car, 95 Legacy wagon if I get all my repairs done for a road trip. New brakes, struts, springs, and alternator. Too cold to do right now. Bringing just myself and maybe a fishing pole if it is in season in Iowa.

I'm in a good mood today with the possibility of a MUCH more flexible job with MUCH better pay offered to me and me alone today... so what the hell... throw me in.. I'll check the calender.. but chances are.. I'll see how (and if) this new job works out...

Who wouldn't enjoy driving 24 hours to.. ummm Iowa....