Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Slamming a hatch... opinions? maybe ea82T as well

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:57 AM

well i'm debating what to do with my 89' ea81 hatch.. its in real nice shape.. its getting a flowmaster put on it today.. wagon wheels are getting sand blasted and painted black..

now i've got a lifted hatch, but i've never seen a lowered hatch.. it defeats the purpose of 4wd.. but this summer it might get an ea82T transplant as well..

just thinkin lowered, ea82T, and a nice soundin exhaust might be pretty wicked.. might even scare a few "import tuners" around here, lol..

chime in, whats your opinion.. i'm thinkin drop it 2+ inches in the front and 3+ in the back.. if i get the lowest profile 13" tire i can find they should tuck in real nice..

#2 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:45 AM

I forgot your car was 4wd, which means it sits a little higher than mine. If mine (FWD) was dropped more than two inches it would bottom out all the time.

My ground clearance is 6.5" and yours is 8.3" XT springs will drop my car in the front and back about an inch and a half. (I think about two in the back) you could do that and get the drop you want.

Also, something cool you can do is take your front axles out (or kill them) and then put your car in 4wd all the time. (RWD!)

You could possibly have a RWD EA82T lowered hatch, and we all know that would be sweet. Or if you want good gas mileage, just put in a FWD tranny and system.

but you do know that it'll be a REAL tight fit for an EA82T? You could always swap in the ECU and engine of an EA81T. Just drop it in and do the ECU work.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:35 AM

in my opinion i would rather use larger tires and rims to fill in the wheel wells rather than lower the ride. an example would be drilled chevy rims with camaro tires

if you get properly sized bigger wheels, even though you might GAIN ground clearance, the stance will still be in proportion

#4 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,157 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:08 AM

Meeky,

here's a lowered 82 4wd hatch that lives in WA....

http://usmb.net/gall...Aug10057?full=1

#5 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:52 AM

ahh, nice hatch... when i mean lowered i mean about 2-3" lower than that one, lol..

#6 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,157 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

like this then...

http://www.ultimates...brat/cbrat.html

this guy was in Oregon....

#7 ru4x4ever

ru4x4ever

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:03 PM

That Brat was a little too OLD SCHOOL for me LOL. WOW!!

#8 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:05 PM

Meeky, is that Hatch Mick showed the same color as mine/your lifted one? (That evan looks like my Brat next to it LOL)
I'm gonna need some new wheels FO SHO

#9 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:02 PM

yeah it is skip

#10 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 30 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

i know the owner of the blue hatch, and he is doin a brat project now. as soon as he gets the pictures back he is sendin me some, so ill try and post em. i think he said that legacy stuff is goin into it
-mike

#11 Danbob99

Danbob99

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Brier, Washington

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:07 PM

i'm in the same position, i've got my wagon, and in no way, ever intend to do any off roading in it, and i wouldn't mind having it dropped about 2" just for the better cornering, and i think it would look a lot better with a lower ground clearence, now it just seems like it's sitting way to high for the car it is. i also want to lift the car at the same time, to go over curbs, and drive around in grass, and parks, and have fun without tearing off my new fog lights! its a compromise either way...

#12 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 31 January 2004 - 03:06 PM

I like the lowered hatch idea.... go for it. The RWD idea sounds cool too.. :D If you really wanted to get funky...get an AWD trans. (5 speed) and then you would really have something that can cut the corners.

Makes me wish I had a hatch and a torch(for the springs)

Matt

#13 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:30 PM

Pretty poor job but .....
hope ya get the idea

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users