Ultimate Subaru Message Board

curious

Yeah i was wondering if they made a 86 gl 3 door coupe like the one made in 89 ( http://usmb.net/gallery/album82/1989_i ) . it looks exactly the same just dark gray and its not in the 86 pictures. i have a chiltons manual for it but there isn't really anything specific about that car just engine specs. the 89 pic is the only one i've seen on the net that looks like it. i haven't found a 86 that looks like mine. also when i go to get parts the only parts that are right are the engine parts. i ordered a inline fuel pump bracket that was all rusted out and it wasn't even a close match. any info would be nice to settle my confusion.

Hey Casey I remember talking to you before, welcome back!

(Check out the Midwest Subaru meet!)

If you need parts that aren't rusty I would post in the marketplace. There are guys from the Pacific Northwest, California, Arizona, Colorado, etc that have parts in areas where they dont salt the roads. Amazing what a difference it is. The guys here are very nice about shipping you the right stuff and not ripping you off. Id MUCH rather give money to a fellow enthusiast than some junkyard.

yeah i was on the older board for a while but things got hecktic and i just got back around to the board. the boards doing really good and i'm impressed. nice too see all the familiar names still around. i do need parts cuz its a nice riding car (one of the best i've driven) and i would rather dump money into this rather than buy a newer one. i think i'll try my luck at the market place. anyhow, thanks for the help. i'll try not to be a stranger.