Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jon's parts yard scores

So, I need a new alternator.. go back to the auto salvage in my town to grab an alternator. What did the guy charge me? $20.

So I'm checking out some carbs in this room in a shed, stuff that got pulled off pintos and stuff, there was like 7 different Holley/Weber carbs in there. Some were 32/36, one was a different barrel measurement.... but all of them were missing linkage or throttle stuff. I'm sure someone could pick and piece one together to get a DF series Weber. One of them was even *chokeless*. I mean, didn't have the means to have a choke. And all of this stuff is most likely gonna be moved to the crusher. :boohoo:

In my search for something useful, being reminded of my wanting to do a holley/ford two barrel swap... I found it.

A complete Motorcraft 2150 with no linkage problems. Electric choke... everything on it. You know what the guy charged me? $15! $15 fricken bucks! One of these rebuilt (this one looks freshely rebuilt, it's fricken CLEAN as hell!) can go for $200 or more.

I think I scored on both accounts. today, Jon is a happy man. oh yeah. and my car runs again. that's cool too.

GD - does yours still sound like when I was out there?

I had 2" straight back to cherry bombs and ran it for a while. it ended right after the front seats. it was loud. awesome low end. sounded like a much bigger car.

Now I'm running six feet of 1 3/4" ID flex pipe back on each side to a custom made Y pipe, that goes to my old catalytic converter. The one in-line that has the air valve. Right now the air valve is unmuffled, so it's got a loud crappy raspy sound to it. but when you start it up, it sounds a little beefy but not too loud. nothing that the people inside the house would really notice too much as an nuisance.