Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

XT6 motors, Are they rare?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LegacyT

LegacyT

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Ottawa, Canada

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:48 PM

Are the ER27's rare motors? How much do they go for? How much is it to rebuild one?

Mark,

#2 thealleyboy

thealleyboy

Subaru Derelict

• Members
  • 2,079 posts
  • Bexley, OH

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

There are a few around, but they are expensive.

If your core is rebuildable, that might be your most cost-effective solution. Even having someone do it for you might be worth it. Parts alone will run you 250-350, and that's not including any machine shop work.

I do know that CCR has them, but they are in the $2000 range. Definitely too rich for my blood. However, you can be sure it will be a rock-solid motor.

I have seen used ones on the XT6 site. Those are priced more reasonably, and the guys that have them are into xt6s too. Sorry, I don't have that link on this machine. Email me if you need that address.

good luck, John
thealleyboy@yahoo.com

#3 AKIRA

AKIRA

USMB Reverend

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • Jersey Shore (Central) PA

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:12 PM

Here's the link
xt6.org

-AK.

#4 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:20 PM

long block assembly from CCR is the same price as an NA EJ20.

#5 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,263 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:04 PM

Depends a lot on the area your in. Me personally, I know where 3 motors are at in one wrecking yard, 2 more in another yard, and yet another one in another yard. Plus there are at least 5 full cars from 600-1400 in the area. I paid 500 for a complete engine, wireing harness, and computer for mine. So it depends a lot on the area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users