Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I have a 1996 Legacy Outback. I recently got rotors and pads replaced on all four wheels. After a few hundred miles of driving I noticed that on the passenger side of the vehicle the rotors are substantially less worn (the scoring is still fairly noticable whereas on the driver side it is definitely gone).

There's a new (well, rebuilt) caliper on the front and my mechanic swears that the rear one is still OK.

Could the hydraulics on the driver's side be somehow less effective/ineffective or might the discrepancy be due to a weight distribution issue (it's an automatic).

Thanks for your help/insight,

Damien

You can always bleed them if you wish, but a seized caliper will do what your saying, and give you a goofy brake pedal. It also will cause the ABS to over-react since it is trying to balance out the braking forces.

nipper

ok...but would bleeding air out of the system increase the effectiveness...what is the main reason for bleeding air of the system?

How about the front caliper? Could it be also bad (it's rebuilt straight from the box)?

--Damien