Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

info on 92 loyale 4wd wagon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maddog

maddog

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • ny ny

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:46 PM

hey does any one have any particulay knowledge on 92 loyale 4wd wagons? any info will be appreciated i am picking one up on sunday 105,000 miles on the clock.

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:57 PM

Well.. lets see.. It has 4 wheels and 1 spare(usually.. number may vary depending on condition).. most have 4 cylinders in them..:D

Seriously, you will have to be more specific. There is tons of info here about those cars.. what do you want to know?

#3 maddog

maddog

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • ny ny

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

0-60 average time how good is the shift on the fly can i
really engage it at any speed and what is the proper
procedure for changing the timing belt? just stuff like that

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:32 AM

0-60 average time = About 10 minutes....:lol:

how good is the shift on the fly can i really engage it at any speed?

Yes, but not for use on pavement.. thus generally not used at high speed. I have had mine in and out at 40 MPH or so, but generally high speed and conditions that require 4WD don't mix.

what is the proper procedure for changing the timing belt? .

Two pretty easy options.. Do a search.. I believe EdRach has a good write up on it somewhere around here.. Or buy a manual.. A cheapo haynes is an OK source of basic info.. FSM is really the way to go though.. especially if you are planning to keep the car for a while and do most of your work yourself.

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:49 AM

is it a button 4wd or D/R 4wd?

I've shifted to 4wd at 65 mph with my dual range..

#6 the_bard

the_bard

Upstate NY'er

• Gold Subscribers
  • 937 posts
  • Rexford, NY

Posted 24 January 2004 - 01:52 AM

0-60 mph... I figured it'd be at least 20 seconds. Sure seems like a long time, at least, compared to my old Olds Calais.

On the fly... ditto what Calbez said. I've only used my 4wd in the streets of Troy, for the most part, which is under 30 mph. If it's snowing bad enough that I need the 4wd, I'm probably doing under 10 mph. I wouldn't consider the on-the-fly shifting to be a big deal. Don't use 4wd on pavement, any more than you have to. Binds something horrible... my rear tires are worn down a lot more than the front, and I believe the rear left is worse than the rear right. If I run it on pavement, something clunks fairly bad when I disengage it. The faster I'm going, the worse the clunk. Doesn't seem to happen when I'm in snow or gravel, though.

Haven't changed the timing belt yet, but I will if I keep her. Find a manual ;o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users