Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sold My Vanagon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,917 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

So, I sold my converted Vanagon today to a couple in Phoenix. I will miss it. The final trip I took in it was pretty fun minus the last couple hours from Flagstaff to Phoenix down I-17 and the trip across town the next morning. (hot-a/c broke again)
This trip was Denver to Phoenix. I took a mostly non freeway trip that my Garmin suggested and got to cover some country I had never seen before. Went to 4 corners and met a family that I got to show the van off to who were in their Eurovan camper.
I then went to the South side of the grand canyon national park and took a peek and was rather amazed/amused. Very pretty and worth a trip if you never have gone.

I got pulled over by one of Colorado's Nicest highway patrolmen and I mean that sincerely.

Some great trips in it for sure. I put around 11,000 miles on it in 4 years which is really why I sold it; I just wasn't using it.
WCSS in Oregon
Montana to Yellowstone
Big Bear California followed by Sacramento and then Home (blown HG trip still made it home)
Utah
Regional Rallycross at Winter Park a couple years ago.
Carhenge (Nebraska) with the 3 guys from CCR.

I failed multiple times at getting the A/C to work and am slightly sad about that. Was the only thing I just never got to work. I think the expansion valve was toast now but might not ever know.

The new owners are going to do such great things with it and I am excited that they bought it.

Good luck vanaroo, aka the "bangbus".

#2 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

I always regret selling something i care about. I always think did i really need the money that bad. It was ok sitting there. Your right someone might enjoy it more but you put more miles on that car then i put on 11 thousand in 4 years i put on 5000 miles in 2 years. And thats my DD.

#3 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,035 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

That was a cool project, well documented here.

I'm glad I got to "meet" it in person at last year's WCSS :) .

BTW, how'd ya get back home from PHX?

#4 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,917 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

We flew home.

#5 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury