Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'Baru-B-Q and wheelin event, July 26th

SoobieDoo

Sunday, July 26th at the Custer, WA. wheelin spot:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=48.902136,-122.621241&spn=0.029282,0.077162&z=14

Exit #266 from bellingham

L-Grandview rd.

R-Portal way

R-Faris rd.

L-Under the power line towers...you'll see the trails.

This will be a family-friendly event. I'll provide BBQ hot dogs and drinking water, at the least. :banana:

There are plenty of decent trails for off-roading, rallying, or just bring your subaru to show off. Access is easy, as long as your not lowered. If you don't want to wheel, bring a Frisbee or something! I'm thinking 10:00 or so, to start wheelin, and after noon for the BBQ. This will be a small "event", so don't expect anything grandiose...I'll be lucky if anyone shows up at all. :lol:

RSVP's here would be appreciated. See you there!

th_DSC00002.jpg

th_DSC00005.jpg

th_DSC00007.jpg

th_DSC00017.jpg

th_DSC00020.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good time up there I'll see if I can't make it and drag a few of the S. Skagti crew too.........................

Jeff

Kool. It's a bit of a drive for you, and really nothing compared to walker valley... so thought I'd bribe everyone with food! :grin:

Nah...It'll be a blast, in a different kinda way. Maybe some higher speed rallying or racing in the open areas around the power towers.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like

Me

Richard

Rick

possibly dan

Ben????

and a couple others will me up there

I think this will me a good time, at least it will me a little easier on the rigs as a opposed to Walker, I got to try and get mine all in line for the Aug show at EC, I don't want to kill it the month before that show and have to fix every thing..................

Jeff

Kool, looks like it'll be hot dogs then.

All I got from my first trip there was a clicking axle, so hopefully there won't be any breakage. Just keep in mind that my place is close, but I have no garage and just basic tools. It's nice that there is a gas station just blocks away for air and water!

Are you taking the wheeler wagon to evans? If so, this trip will be good practice in getting passed on the freeway! :lol:

We should race them sometime: EA81 w/ 30's VS. EA82 w/27's. Epic battle!

Are you taking the wheeler wagon to evans? If so, this trip will be good practice in getting passed on the freeway! :lol:

We should race them sometime: EA81 w/ 30's VS. EA82 w/27's. Epic battle!

I'm figuring it will take about 5 hours to get to EC, as for the race we'll just say you won it all right now.....:lol:

Jeff

I'm figuring it will take about 5 hours to get to EC, as for the race we'll just say you won it all right now.....:lol:

Jeff

Yeah, mine favors freeway speeds, while yours is better for crawling. 5th has very little power, but I do use it and prob max out at 70.

I'm stoked about this meet! Having only been on one ride along at walker, I haven't had the chance to hang with you guys much. More trails around baker should be exposed from melt off soon too.

I'd like to go, but its one hell of a drive for me. I'll get back to you on it.. put me down as a maybe.. cause i really do love rallying the heck out of this car with friends.

I could pick anyone on the way up there.. help with gas is optional too hehe

I'm down by Chehalis/Centralia..

I'd like to go, but its one hell of a drive for me. I'll get back to you on it.. put me down as a maybe.. cause i really do love rallying the heck out of this car with friends.

That is a long 'un, with a dozen better places to wheel in-between, but you're welcome, of course. You goin' to the evans creek campout, that'd be closer?

That's a 190 mile trip...........one way:eek: but it would be cool if you could make it!!!

Jeff